So, did anyone else take the cave drugs?

#1 Edited by bruno0091 (52 posts) -

SPOILERS!!!

The ones when you tell your friends you're staying on the island? You can take them labout 4 or 5 times, they fill in the back story around how they ended up on the island.

You can do The Robot in a nightclub, whihc is pretty cool.

#2 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

Yea, I did those throughout the game. I thought it was quite neat little part of info on how they got there. Thankfully it was sort of glowing or else I would have missed it completely.

#3 Posted by MB (11956 posts) -

Wow, I completely missed this.

#4 Posted by pandorasbox (302 posts) -

I didn't know you could take them multiple times. I only did it once.

#5 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

Yeah I did, but once though.

#6 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

@pandorasbox said:

I didn't know you could take them multiple times. I only did it once.

i think a new one becomes available every so often as you complete main story missions.

#7 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

I think I did all of them save the first one. Yeah, some awesomely douchey stuff in those flashbacks. I liked the sudden change in scenario. As others have said, the second half or last third of the game is not as good as that first few hours and the story itself is nowhere as good as it could have been, but little touches like this made me appreciate the characters at least on a very basic level. Facial animations in this game are TOP NOTCH.

#8 Posted by Crash_Happy (654 posts) -

@bruno0091: Didn't touch them, guess I'll have to look up what I missed.

#9 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -

I didn't even know they were there for a while. Then I just took like 4 or 5 them in a row, which was kind of jarring. I'm sure the developers wanted those scenes to be spaced out between missions.

#10 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

yeah, the bit in the nightclub elevator was kind of good. Just for a second you can see them almost figure out what massive douches they all are.

#11 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1232 posts) -

I did and that was pretty interesting stuff.

#12 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

What? I never saw these.

#13 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -

It's very easy to miss. It's in the cave where you friends are.

It fills in backstory and allows you to play Brodouche Sim 2012.

#14 Posted by Frostily (42 posts) -

@RIDEBIRD: can you go back once you finish?

#15 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -

@Frostily: Not sure, I did it while my friends were still there.

#16 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

@Frostily: To my knowledge the cave under the mansion gets blocked off/obstructed after you beat the game unfortunately.

So I missed it entirely too.

A shame, it looks like there was some good first-person robot action. It's all on youtube, though, so I guess I didn't miss much gameplay-wise.

EDIT: Here's the youtube video I was talking about if anyone missed it like me and still wants to check it out:

#17 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

I had no idea those were there.

#18 Posted by GunstarRed (5020 posts) -

Yes, those parts were some of my favourite bits in the game.

#19 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3733 posts) -

@MB said:

I would have too if my brother hadn't tipped me off. If you figure them out later you can just catch up on them.

It's a great part of the game, even if there are no big revelations. It sets up the characters and you figure out how you exactly ended up there.

#20 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I didn't think the characters were that douchey until I saw those segments.

#21 Posted by Fearbeard (823 posts) -

I did it once. Didn't know there were more scenes.

#22 Posted by Redbullet685 (6024 posts) -

I did like 3 of them. I really liked those. Its too bad some people skipped right past those since the game doesn't really point them out too well.

#23 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Yeah. It leads to some pretty lame sequences. They're pretty much irrelevant. Unless you want to see your 81 IQ douchebag friends doing douchebag things.

#24 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2209 posts) -

I only took the drugs twice.

#25 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -

@MB said:

Ha, me too on my first run through. It fills in SO MUCH backstory too. Doesn't change the game or anything but I can't believe I overlooked it either.

#26 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Yeah, I took those every-time I rescued one of the friends. It was probably the most interesting part regarding the plot.

#27 Posted by Panpipe (472 posts) -

What the hell. I completely missed these.

#28 Posted by Karkarov (2971 posts) -

Yeah I thought those scenes were cool. It reinforces how retarded Oliver is and made me want to reach through the screen and choke out Jason Brody when you yelled "Yo DJ Raiden!" something about that made me hate him a little more. It also shows that otherwise normally decent characters (like the blond chick, your girl friend, and your older brother) all still act like douches when smashed. It makes you wonder though if maybe Vaas didn't have deals with people like the DJ to lure idiots into what is literally a death trap. It would have been cool to see the DJ show up again to clarify that angle, maybe he didn't know, maybe he was on the take?

Either way they were great additions to the story.

#29 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Yeah the nightclub one was awesome, 1st person robot and your friend getting scammed by thailand pimps.

#30 Posted by Demoskinos (14559 posts) -

I have no idea how I missed this and that explains a ton. Like at the end Riley just being able to fly a plane all of a sudden. That makes way more sense when they say early on that he has a pilots licence.

#31 Posted by BrianP (403 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

Yeah I thought those scenes were cool. It reinforces how retarded Oliver is and made me want to reach through the screen and choke out Jason Brody when you yelled "Yo DJ Raiden!" something about that made me hate him a little more. It also shows that otherwise normally decent characters (like the blond chick, your girl friend, and your older brother) all still act like douches when smashed. It makes you wonder though if maybe Vaas didn't have deals with people like the DJ to lure idiots into what is literally a death trap. It would have been cool to see the DJ show up again to clarify that angle, maybe he didn't know, maybe he was on the take?

Either way they were great additions to the story.

With regards to the DJ I think he definitely works for Vaas/the people on the island, I mean they even put him in a red shirt. I think the line "I know a place where you can do anything" is also interesting given your apparent inability to die and other crazy stuff happening, but I would be willing to admit that is reading way too much in to it.

#32 Posted by Chrjz (318 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I have no idea how I missed this and that explains a ton. Like at the end Riley just being able to fly a plane all of a sudden. That makes way more sense when they say early on that he has a pilots licence.

That's also in the intro. You know, that part at the beginning that sets up the whole game.

@BrianP said:

With regards to the DJ I think he definitely works for Vaas/the people on the island, I mean they even put him in a red shirt. I think the line "I know a place where you can do anything" is also interesting given your apparent inability to die and other crazy stuff happening, but I would be willing to admit that is reading way too much in to it.

He also asks them if they have money in a kind of weird way... I got the feeling he was taking advantage of a bunch of rich idiots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.