So how's the PS3 version?

#1 Edited by johnaze (73 posts) -

I'm not sure if I should get the PC version or the PS3. Any horrible framerate and/or glitch issues on the PS3 version?

My computer is not that great for these games to begin with (21" iMac 2011 on bootcamp).

#2 Edited by Wiseblood (635 posts) -
#3 Posted by Syndrom (352 posts) -

it's fine.

#4 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

I would get the PS3 version. Bigger screen is better in my opinion, and to my understanding imac is not a powerhouse.

#5 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

I have the PS3 version, and it is totally fine and playable, framrate hitches at spots and the game sometimes blurs in a weird way, but it's not a huge issues and it doesn't happen every five seconds.

#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

Is there any single player exclusive content or is that multiplayer stuff for PS3?

#7 Posted by delusionaltool (80 posts) -

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/21548-far-cry-3-high-tides-coop-dlc-announced-as-ps3-exclusive/

yes there is ps3 exclusive stuff.... from what i read the game has a better frame rate on ps3 version but the shadows are not as good, also there are lighting and graphic options just like in Crysis 2 like motion blur type effects that are absent from the 360 version but are present in ps3 version...Ive read a few ps3 reviews and everyone has loved it...metacritic ps3 version is at 90 percent and 360 version 89 so its not much of a difference really, if you got the RIG to handle it the PC is the way to go tho...

#8 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I haven't had any problem with the game yet as far as graphics or actual game problems. Frame rate slows slightly at some points, but never happens all the time or often. The big screen makes it much more enjoyable since there is a lot of scenery to enjoy and sometimes you need to kill something far away and on a small screen that's a little harder to do.

#9 Edited by Live2bRighteous (315 posts) -

@Lord_Xp The thing about "big screen" is that you can easily plug in your HDMI cable from your PC, to the whateverinch screen TV you have and make it look and run 20 times better.

#10 Posted by kaos_cracker (569 posts) -

I've had no problems on ps3. Runs fine

#11 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

No idea how that will run on iMac with bootcamp. I would take the safe route and go with console.

#12 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5807 posts) -

it looks really good on the PS3, and the frame-rate is fine.

#13 Posted by Spoonman671 (4562 posts) -

I've only played a few hours, but the game looks great, and runs ok.

#14 Edited by burgavo (200 posts) -

The game plays just fine on ps3 some minor framerate issues but it doesn't get chuggy and as of jet it hasn't hampered my enjoyment of the game. Since your options are limited I'd go with the PS3 version over running it on a bootcamped imac, I tried playing fps games like METRO on my MBP running bootcamp win7 but haven't had great experiences with that and I,m guessing that trying to display a lush tropical openworld paradise will meet with simmilar results.

anyway whatever you decide on Get Far Cry 3!!

#15 Edited by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

If you were fine playing Battlefield 3 on PS3 then you will be more than ok playing Far Cry 3. The game drops frames and has tearing but I have yet to find an instance that I got actual slowdown that affected gameplay. Once you are running around playing the game you totally forget about these small graphical imperfections. At the very least it doesn't have that weird texture pop in like most Unreal and Frostbite engine games on PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.