So I came across a bug on the PC version

#1 Posted by dudeglove (7907 posts) -

I've never really had one of these moments before, so I feel kind of chuffed that I came across it, especially considering the parachute prompt turns into "Driver's Seat" (unfortunately you don't suddenly end up driving some flying jeep from Halo).

Slight spoiler: this happened before the "Triple Decker" story mission began i.e. before you have access to Hoyt's compound on the second island but have the wing suit and uniform. I unfortunately fucked up the first recording, wherein I set fire to some pigs, chucked in grenades and took potshots with a rifle at a guard standing against a wall (who doesn't flinch) from that rock and got slightly higher with the suit. All because I was somehow barred access from this area and so endeavored to get my way in.

Unfortunately even if you get the movement right, you can't loop up indefinitely like some sort of thermal that hangliders can do in real life, because it's more of an invisible "dome" over Hoyt's mansion which you kind of bounce off. If you get the movement wrong, as can be seen, you just lose all forward momentum and end up falling really slowly before the parachute automatically deploys about an inch from the ground and sends you violently flying back up again. Yeah whatever, cool story bro, I'll go now.

#2 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

At Citra's temple it does the opposite, if you start to get close with the wing suit, it makes you fall super fast and die.

#3 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@_Chad said:

At Citra's temple it does the opposite, if you start to get close with the wing suit, it makes you fall super fast and die.

Citra's island = the Lost island!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.