Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Some info on FC3 playthrough

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By warxsnake

All the takedowns in the playthrough are non-scripted, dynamic, and contextual, including the waterfall takedown and those involving the machete takedown from above and knives (grabbing knife from enemy) and double takedowns.

The game is of course focusing on huge open world.

Way more polish than FC2 gameplay mechanics wise and functionality in general.

bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bioblood22

The part where he takes the knife form the guy stabs him then throws it into the guy sitting in the chair was epic.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By groin

I just hope they fix that rubber banding enemy jeep AI. It's an Ubisoft game so I also expect game breaking glitches that corrupt save files.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zaccheus

I really liked Far Cry 2... It wasn't a great game, some might say not even good, but it totally sucked me in. I don't think I could enjoy it now, but I do have very fond memories of it. There is so much to complain about if you want to though: the rubber band car chases, re-spawning AI outposts, bad story told very badly, bullet sponge enemies, the world was mostly a labyrinth of canyons, the half-assed buddy system, super repetitive gun unlock missions... Why did I like that game again?

If they can get rid of those problems and keep the graphical and stylistic survival immersion, I'll be a happy gamer.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By jacdg

@Zaccheus said:

I really liked Far Cry 2... It wasn't a great game, some might say not even good, but it totally sucked me in. I don't think I could enjoy it now, but I do have very fond memories of it. There is so much to complain about if you want to though: the rubber band car chases, re-spawning AI outposts, bad story told very badly, bullet sponge enemies, the world was mostly a labyrinth of canyons, the half-assed buddy system, super repetitive gun unlock missions... Why did I like that game again?

If they can get rid of those problems and keep the graphical and stylistic survival immersion, I'll be a happy gamer.

Yeah, It was a fine game, it certainly had it moments, and I really hope they've learned from the second game, because potentially it's an amazing game. Also, the villain from the trailers has pretty much already sold me on the game.

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By SpudBug

I would buy Far Cry 2 with the bullshit respawning enemies removed for $60 TODAY so anything else they improve is just gravy.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Twitchey
    @Zaccheus: I really like FC2. Except the fact you couldn't drive five minutes without being shot kinda turned me off.
    Madz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Madz
    @warxsnake said:

All the takedowns in the playthrough are non-scripted, dynamic, and contextual, including the waterfall takedown and those involving the machete takedown from above and knives (grabbing knife from enemy) and double takedowns.

Farezio di Cryditore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.