Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Something that's on my mind about Vaas. (MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!!)

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mutley

IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THE GAME YET AND WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IT IN THE FUTURE, DO NOT CONTINUE READING!!!!

When Vaas "Dies" and you fall next to him, he clearly moves his eyes to look at you.

Does this mean he's still alive? Or it was just Jason totally fucked up with drugs imagining it? I really don't understand what it means...

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ghostiet

I think it's just Jason's drugged up state. However, that entire boss fight screams with weird, since Vaas initially stabs you with the ritual knife. It's so ambiguous that I wouldn't be surprised if we had DLC involving him, even if it would kinda ruin the mystique around his character.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By napalm

@Ghostiet: There's a whole bunch of mystical unreality surrounding the game as well, so I think people taking the plot points and events as, "true real life stuff" are crazy. Also, when he stabbed you with that mystical knife, to contradict what I literally just said, I thought that was a plot turning point where you discover Vaas was working with the Rakyat to get rid of you, (how else would he have gotten the knife?).

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Lord_Xp

I think Vaas kind of represents insanity in the game and his eye moving means insanity will always be alive and try to get you (jason). That's just how I see it though.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Mutley said:

IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THE GAME YET AND WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IT IN THE FUTURE, DO NOT CONTINUE READING!!!!

When Vaas "Dies" and you fall next to him, he clearly moves his eyes to look at you.

Does this mean he's still alive? Or it was just Jason totally fucked up with drugs imagining it? I really don't understand what it means...

There is a whole thing that you never fight him because your so drugged out. When he stabs you the knife is coated in drugs and its all just in your head.  

Not to mention you never see his body or anything like that. 
    nodachie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By nodachie

Vaas is alive.

He is just too great of a character for them to just let him die. We'll see him again in DLC or even another whole game.

On a different note; Vaas is my 'Character of the Year' pick.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Stealthmaster86

I was expecting him to be the actual boss instead of Hoyt.

HarknessRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HarknessRed

Have a read on my theory around this idea plus alot more. Hope it helps shed some light.

http://www.giantbomb.com/far-cry-3/61-32933/my-theory-on-the-stories-themes-caution-spoilers/35-575132/

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SomeDeliCook

You know who else was a great character that was killed off even though everyone still wanted him? 
    Johnny Gat

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.