The Far Cry 3 Screenshot Thread

• 101 results
#51 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

Well there's really only 1 reason I'm not ...well 2.

First I wanna finish reading Stephen King's "Under the Dome" and secondly I don't have the game yet. But I gotta say all these pics are making me jealous!

#52 Edited by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

Well, I can run it fairly well with everything on low, on DX-11, at 1280x768. It usually runs around 30 fps with dips down to 15 fps when things are really hectic. I'm a little bummed but I imagine it runs more consistently then the console version and it probably looks a hair better.

#53 Posted by Tearhead (2146 posts) -
#54 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

You guys are really making it hard for me not to get this straight away. Steam is calling to me....

#55 Edited by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -

Here are a few more quick snaps from my latest outing:

@Rodent said:

Well there's really only 1 reason I'm not ...well 2.

First I wanna finish reading Stephen King's "Under the Dome" and secondly I don't have the game yet. But I gotta say all these pics are making me jealous!

Well, we'll warmly welcome you to the photography crew when you do get round to this great game! King isn't bad company to be in during the meantime, though.

#56 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

Yeah I'm coming up to about 1/2 way through the book. Loving it so far but I can't wait to play FC3!

#57 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

DX-11, 1280x768, all low settings. Still looks pretty good.

#58 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1327 posts) -

This game is absolutely gorgeous

#59 Posted by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -
#60 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It's so refreshing that this game is actually good, and similar in aesthetics to the first, unlike the shit show that was Far Cry 2.

#61 Posted by Commander_Crichton (153 posts) -

@Sooty said:

It's so refreshing that this game is actually good, and similar in aesthetics to the first, unlike the shit show that was Far Cry 2.

But I happen to like that shit show :(

#62 Edited by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy: Very nice god rays!

@Sooty: It's nice to come back to the tropics, for sure.

This Is Mine Bridge
Don't Point
#63 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

These guys really love shooting into the air.

#64 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -
The one time where I'm a-ok with destroying weed
#65 Posted by Ramone (2954 posts) -

This game is going to make me build a PC.

#66 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -
@Colourful_Hippie said:
The one time where I'm a-ok with destroying weed
Kill it with the flammenwerfer!
#67 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

i wish with the camera you could take pics and save them. I would have shown you guys some how, this bear I set free in this outpost and it killed all of the people in it. It was badass as hell.

#68 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

@dudy80 said:

You guys are really making it hard for me not to get this straight away. Steam is calling to me....

Looks like you didn't hold out for long!

#69 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

@MB said:

@dudy80 said:

Looks like you didn't hold out for long!

No, was really thinking about waiting on this one mainly because i already have some much to play but its just too cool. Besides its gonna be awhile before its discounted anymore then 15-20 bucks and i wasn't willing to wait till summer for a half off sale. I also have no restraint.

#70 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

@dudy80: I know what you mean dude. I normally try not to buy any PC game at full price because they inevitably are discounted deeply within a few months of release, but I just didn't want to wait on this one. I'm glad I didn't, it was worth every penny of the 50 bucks I paid for it. I rationalized the purchase even further because it was $16 less than a 360 copy after tax would have been.

#71 Edited by Sanity (1890 posts) -

@MB: Yea, it wouldn't even have been so bad but this came out right between the 2 big steam sales... I already blew like 70 bucks on stuff a few weeks ago and im sure i'll pick up a few things during the holiday sale. Plus after Christmas Dragonborn will come out and i'll pick that up so yea... Too many games! Im having trouble not buying FTL and Hotline Miami as there both like half off right now but i think they might go cheaper during the sale. Im looking forward to the slow months for once.

Heres some more screenshots so this isin't compleatly off topic.

#72 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

Getting pretty good Crossfire scaling with two 2gb 6950's. I can't quite have everything turned up to max and still keep a stable framerate, but with shadows turned down one notch and MSAA at 4x, I can stay pretty close to 60fps.

#73 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

just a few i took.

#74 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -

@MB: How are you not getting a stable 60 fps with two 2GB 6950s? Is something else the bottleneck? I might be thinking of another card or that's seriously weird.

Here's my second Far Cry 3 log.

#75 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

@GoranP: It's a pretty demanding game...I mean the 6950 is nearly a two year old card at this point, it's a full generation behind and wasn't even the top of the line when it came out. It's still respectable and I get great performance even when not utilizing both cards, but fully maxed out settings on Far Cry 3 is a little bit beyond what two of these cards can do. I have 16gb of very fast ram, an AMD 8150 overclocked to 4.0ghz now, and a Force 3 SSD.

#76 Posted by GoranP (1115 posts) -

@MB: Wow, I would have guessed your setup would be maxing it out. On a related note, have you played Borderlands 2? If so, how does it run? My high end machine (August/September build) runs Far Cry 3 better than Borderlands 2 for some reason (tried various drivers etc., nothing makes BL2 run as well as it should).

#77 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

@GoranP: I have BL2 on 360, haven't run it on my PC. Far Cry 3 is the first game I haven't been able to fully max out at 1920x1080. Recent games of this year like Spec Ops: The Line, Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 3, Darksiders II, Darkness 2, Diablo 3...all are no problem.

There may be a Catalyst driver update or CAP profile coming soon that will improve performance, but I'm happy playing with the settings I'm on. Right now I have everything maxed except for shadows and I get a pretty constant 60. With shadows at their highest setting I start to get framerate hiccups in certain scenes.

#78 Posted by envane (1159 posts) -

some stuffs , i should really turn aa on , runnign 2x580s and getting smooth 60 with everything max except postfx is on high (motion blur makes me woozy)

#79 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

The lighting in this game is really, really good.

#80 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -
#81 Posted by Patchcoat (132 posts) -
Far Cry
Far Cry 3
#82 Posted by Tearhead (2146 posts) -
#83 Posted by Andorski (5173 posts) -

What fps are you guys getting? I have an i5-2500k, GTX 570, 8GB RAM, and I'm just getting 40-45 fps with graphics only on the default "High", V-Sync set to 1, and with no MSAA. Seems kinda low considering I can play ACIII with all settings maxed - aside from AA - with an fps of 55-60.

#84 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -
High res DX 11 mammaries

@Andorski said:

What fps are you guys getting? I have an i5-2500k, GTX 570, 8GB RAM, and I'm just getting 40-45 fps with graphics only on the default "High", V-Sync set to 1, and with no MSAA. Seems kinda low considering I can play ACIII with all settings maxed - aside from AA - with an fps of 55-60.

No that sounds about right for your rig. I also got an i5 but with a 660 ti and I rarely got up to 60 at 1080p, it was stuck around 40-50 with all high some higher and some DX 11 flair. I dropped it down to 1600 x 900 and I'm getting a steady 60 with few drops down to high 40-50's (only in the bigger villages). AC 3 just really scales well cuz I was getting 60 frames a lot at 1080p with high settings and that was on my old gtx 555.

#85 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

Holy christ this game looks gorgous on max, sadly my 6870, quad core and 4 gigs of ram probably wont do it.

#86 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@MB said:

Getting pretty good Crossfire scaling with two 2gb 6950's. I can't quite have everything turned up to max and still keep a stable framerate, but with shadows turned down one notch and MSAA at 4x, I can stay pretty close to 60fps.

Ugh, I'm just jealous that you're able to do any MSAA with a good framerate. I had to drop it down to 1600 x 900 but kept most of the settings at high to keep my 60 frames.

#87 Posted by envane (1159 posts) -

@JasonR86: got your brightness up enough ? hehe . i probably jsut notice it extra because i turn mine way down

#88 Posted by Barrabas (325 posts) -

These images aren't going to win any pretty pictures contest, but I think they're kind of neat anyway. I managed to stumble across a hole in the ocean.

If you wander too far out of the hole you just end up back in the water.

I saved, exited the game, and went back there to find the hole still in the same spot. So I think it might be in every copy of the game and not just some weird bug in mine, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's below the second Island where the waypoint is on the map image above. If you manage to find it be prepared to hit that wingsuit button. It's a long fall.

#89 Posted by xXgOrAiZeXx (2 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

@david3cm said:

Just 75 more hours, just 75 more hours...

You can do it!

@Mister_V said:

What's the screenshot key in this? I tried print screen but I just got a black screenshot.

I'm using FRAPS, so I set my sexy screenshot key to * on the sexy NUMPAD.

@AhmadMetallic said:

I personally do not click on small thumbnail screenshots, it's too much of a hassle and I can't see what I'm clicking on. I like seeing them as big thumbnails so I can click on those that interest me. I'm guessing others think the same way, so if you want your screens looked at I think you should post them as big :)

Will upload mine soon!

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing.

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61-33394/skyrim-pc-screenshot-thread-spoilers/35-523768/

http://www.giantbomb.com/pc/60-94/the-low-settings-screenshot-thread/35-552571/

http://www.giantbomb.com/guild-wars-2/61-21223/the-guild-wars-2-screenshot-thread/35-544944/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/big-live-live-show-live-3-screenshot-gif-photoshop-thread/560398/

@EVO said:

I wasn't expecting a bunch of night shots. Somebody post some beautiful scenery.

Done and done!

Do you edit the screens or something? When i take them with fraps (set to save as png) they dont look nearly as good as yours.My prnt screen makes them look blurry too.

#90 Posted by Pie (7035 posts) -

@Barrabas: Just went and found it. Weird

#91 Edited by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -

@xXgOrAiZeXx said:

Do you edit the screens or something? When i take them with fraps (set to save as png) they dont look nearly as good as yours.My prnt screen makes them look blurry too.

Far Cry 3 = FRAPS (png)

Skyrim = The shitty Steam screenshot manager (jpg)

Guild Wars 2 = FRAPS (jpg)

Borderlands 2 = The shitty Steam screenshot manager (jpg)

I have done no post processing of any kind on any of the above images. And yes, using print screen on Far Cry 3 does indeed make shots look super blurry, like a really bad depth of field effect. Any screenshot will look better if you pump up dem settings, go ahead and get that resolution up! I can only go as high as 1920x1080 on my available screens, so there's definitely room for improvement!

#92 Posted by xXgOrAiZeXx (2 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

@xXgOrAiZeXx said:

Far Cry 3 = FRAPS (png)

Skyrim = The shitty Steam screenshot manager (jpg)

Guild Wars 2 = FRAPS (jpg)

Borderlands 2 = The shitty Steam screenshot manager (jpg)

I have done no post processing of any kind on any of the above images. And yes, using print screen on Far Cry 3 does indeed make shots look super blurry, like a really bad depth of field effect. Any screenshot will look better if you pump up dem settings, go ahead and get that resolution up! I can only go as high as 1920x1080 on my available screens, so there's definitely room for improvement!

Was trying both fraps and print screen. I think they dont look as good because my max resolution is 1440x900. Thanks for replying though.

#93 Posted by KeganBL (24 posts) -

Everyone always said they wanted a modern Assassin's Creed... I didn't know Vaas was a Templar!

#94 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@KeganBL said:

Everyone always said they wanted a modern Assassin's Creed... I didn't know Vaas was a Templar!

Where the hell is that? I want to go find it now

#95 Posted by Nodachie (77 posts) -

Looks great! Wish I had a powerful computer to see the game like that.

Thanks!

#96 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1830 posts) -

Ees all I have so far.

#97 Edited by KeganBL (24 posts) -

@Lord_Xp: It is in the first Lost Expedition side quest. That mission is all about Assassin's Creed actually, and has letters talking about the Pieces of Eden.

Here is another screenshot taken from that mission, its just text so it wont show off the game, but I'm starting to believe this game takes place in the same world as Assassin's Creed.

#98 Posted by Andorski (5173 posts) -
#99 Posted by Atwa (610 posts) -

Is it me or does this game look AWFUL indoors? 

#100 Edited by EquitasInvictus (1947 posts) -

Shout out to both Persona 3 and 4 (some of the sequences like this are really trippy) :

Put that down Jason Brody, that's not an evoker!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.