Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

The save sytem broke my play experience.

Avatar image for radioactivegazz
    RadioactiveGazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RadioactiveGazz

I have no idea why, but hitting "continue" made me load up a save from really really long ago. I am about 8 tedious radio towers back, 3 hours of story, and about 6 camps behind where I was. It then decides to auto-save before I realise this, effectively deleting my auto-save from my way-far ahead game. I was really enjoying this game, but I hate being forced to do shit twice, and this is a HUGE downer on the whole experience. Anyone else have that problem and have any kind of solution of how to fix or prevent it?

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By warxsnake

Save in the open world, save after crafting. 

Avatar image for radioactivegazz
    RadioactiveGazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RadioactiveGazz

@warxsnake: I did. In fact, the reason this seems to have taken me back this far is because I manually saved. It's as if the auto-save is jealous of my ability to navigate the menu.

I have lots of other games to play, which is why this worries me. I like this game a lot, and now I am so bummed out, I might just move on to something else and this will remain on my back burner for a long while. I should probably just swallow this negativity and just blast my way back up to speed, and make sure not to trust the "continue" button ever again. Load manually.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaggE

I try to never use the Continue button for that exact reason. Multiple games have screwed me that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.