These people really need to learn how to tie someone's hands up

#1 Posted by xxizzypop (576 posts) -

Or get some better rope, because fucking hell, this is Bad Things Happen To Bad People Who Never Learned How To Properly Tie Rope In Bad Guy School: The Video Game

#2 Edited by DeathByWaffle (620 posts) -

I don't believe I am that far into the game, but already the story has had me wondering if I will just continue to get captured and miraculously escape over and over. Bad guys need to learn to just shoot the hero when they've got the chance.

#3 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4282 posts) -

@DeathByWaffle said:

I don't believe I am that far into the game, but already the story has had me wondering if I will just continue to get captured and miraculously escape over and over. Bad guys need to learn to just shoot the hero when they've got the chance.

but then that would be a very short, sad game.

#4 Posted by jerseyscum (852 posts) -

@DeathByWaffle said:

James Bond would have been dead in half of the movies if not for easily foiled, slow moving deathtraps.

#5 Posted by SomeJerk (2978 posts) -

I haven't played it yet or seen how the escapes were made, but tying up the hands of somebody conscious who also knows how to get out of it is a very tricky thing. It's possibly very useful knowledge to have in life no matter who you are - how to properly tie somebody up - how to escape if you get tied up. Same principle behind escaping being buried up to your head in sand.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I was more shocked by the fact you're tied up on a chair but as soon as you get free you have all your weapons again.

#7 Posted by AssInAss (2407 posts) -

Twice!

But this is nothing new to the entertainment medium, every TV show and movie does this. A good tied-up scene in video games is a rarity because of rendering a small thing like ropes connecting to hands. No one outside the bondage community would notice this, so why bother.

#8 Posted by whore_of_babylon (8 posts) -

@xxizzypop: I'm scared to count how many times I got captured and "killed" during the story missions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.