Voice actor for 'definition of insanity' guy?

#1 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

This guy sounds so familiar, but I can't place it. Please post if you think you know (or in fact actually know, ideally) the actor with the dialog.

#2 Posted by bioblood22 (420 posts) -

I know I found myself trying to place who the heck was voicing him...I looked but got nothing. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

#3 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

Take the safe bet, Nolan North

#4 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

He is awesome either way.

#5 Posted by ToRo (209 posts) -

I've heard him somewhere before. He reminds me of the Joker.

#6 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

His voice didn't remind me on anyone. I'd like to know who it is though.

#7 Posted by ProfessorEss (7361 posts) -
@Belonpopo said:
He is awesome either way.
Nicely done :)
#8 Edited by Agent47 (1895 posts) -
@Helimocopter: Last time I checked Nolan North wasn't hispanic but eh jajaja who am I to judge Nolan North's voic acting abilites.
#9 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

These are the important questions. Hope someone comes up with a name.

#10 Posted by Madz (64 posts) -

That guy's acting, his lines and the animation of his model sold me on Far Cry 3.

#11 Posted by TheCableKid (206 posts) -

Yeah his acting along with his delivery sold me on the Far Cry game, it seems really Heart of Darkness/ Apocalypse Now in its overall tone.

#12 Edited by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

He sounds like he might have done some of the civilian voices in Crysis 2.  Remember after the Ceph tick den you come across in the subway, you jump up a hole in the ceiling into some kind of apartment stairwell?  There's a gibbering, infested civilian there whose voice sounds like it could belong to this guy.

#13 Posted by Crono (2666 posts) -
@Helimocopter said:
Take the safe bet, Nolan North
XD

Like everyone else here, I have no idea who he is, but I too thought he gave an awesome performance.
#14 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

The Jackal was the reason why i couldn't hate Far Cry 2.

This guy will be the reason why i won't hate Far Cry 3 (if it repeats the same mistakes of Far Cry 2). 

For reference.

#15 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

His voice reminds me of michael pena.

#16 Posted by Rahf (126 posts) -

Fantastic example of how good actors with good direction can get a stellar performance. Mic technique (or good mix), pacing and breezing through chunks while hitting others. Really good performance.

#17 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

It's quite clearly Carlos Mencia

#18 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

that guy's awesome but it can't be Nolan North, he can't have that kind of range

#19 Posted by KarlHungus (125 posts) -
@Styl3s: I'm thinking that who it is. For those who don;t know he is the Mexican guy in Crash, Observe and Report, and Everything Must Go.
#20 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

@KarlHungus said:

@Styl3s: I'm thinking that who it is. For those who don;t know he is the Mexican guy in Crash, Observe and Report, and Everything Must Go.

Yeah it really does sound like him, i was watching the shield the other day (best show ever) and he has a storyline in it (s4) and he showed up and started talking (this is like couple hours after i saw that trailer) and im like wait hold up this dude sounds like insane guy from far cry 3 lol

#21 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Mr. Caffeine

#22 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -
@Rahf: It's true. I wish more games were capable of this. Most of the time, the acting in videogames reminds of (bad) early/mid century movies with odd pacing, breaks and intonation. 
#23 Edited by redjacked (47 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming said:

The Jackal was the reason why i couldn't hate Far Cry 2.

This guy will be the reason why i won't hate Far Cry 3 (if it repeats the same mistakes of Far Cry 2).

I'm still trying to figure out why they did what they did with to the voice work in Far Cry 2.  The performances aren't the best or the worst, but it's like they went through all the dialogue and digitally removed the pauses at the end of sentences.  It doesn't ruin the game or anything  - I just started playing through it last week, and really love it, for the most part.  Were they just trying to shorten the interactions?  Is it a weird dialect thing that they carried over to all the characters for consistency?  It has me so goddamned curious.

I'm not sure if it's the content or the timing, but the Far Cry 3 trailer is pretty much my favourite thing from this year's E3, short of the GB wrap-up nights.

#24 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5424 posts) -

@Yanngc33 said:

that guy's awesome but it can't be Nolan North, he can't have that kind of range

He does.

#25 Edited by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

He is a local voice actor, i.e. not really famous as of now. 

#26 Posted by Dovakiiin (1 posts) -

It sounds like Chris Penn with a Hispanic accent

#27 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -
#28 Posted by NTM (7374 posts) -
#29 Posted by Hadoken101 (778 posts) -

@CharlesAlanRatliff said:

@Yanngc33 said:

He does.

Holy shit, I knew he had an incredible range, but that was ridiculous O.o

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.