What are the chances of Far Cry 3 going on sale?

#1 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

What do you guys think? What are the chances of Far Cry 3 going on sale (whether on Steam, Amazon, Green Man Gaming, or some other service) in the next few days?

#2 Posted by Xeirus (1279 posts) -

I'm waiting on the steam sale for it, I just can't justify paying full price after all the holiday spending I did.

#3 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11015 posts) -

I'm really hoping it goes on sale. If not however, I got $150 in cash from various sources for Christmas, so I'll... probably buy it that way if it doesn't end up happening.

#4 Edited by CreepingDeath0 (125 posts) -

If you are UK based you can get it here for £20. I imagine it's the cheapest you'll find it for a while. I bought it on release from there and they seem to do next day delivery for free, which I thought was pretty awesome.

Edit: Actually it seems they ship worldwide, so that's $32.

#5 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

I would be surprised if Steam had a sale for Far Cry 3. I'd honestly be watching other sources, particularly Greenmangaming, because they have been discounting select games more than Steam, particularly newer releases (Hitman: Absolution).

#6 Posted by Mykander (14 posts) -

Far Cry 3 was just on sale over the weekend, so it isn't likely to be on sale until Ubisoft releases their price minimum for other services.

#7 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

@Mykander said:

Far Cry 3 was just on sale over the weekend, so it isn't likely to be on sale until Ubisoft releases their price minimum for other services.

Really? I don't know how I missed that one? How much was it on sale for?

#8 Posted by Mykander (14 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@Mykander said:

Really? I don't know how I missed that one? How much was it on sale for?

Don't remember the exact discount, something around 30% for the base game. You probably missed it because it was only on sale through Ubisoft directly. Considering Ubisoft's digital distribution stance and UPlay, not sure why you'd look anywhere else first).

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

If I had to make an educated guess based on previous sale patterns...

...one in a fucking million, man.

#10 Posted by Andorski (5110 posts) -

Zero, probably. Just before the sale started Far Cry 3 was the best selling game on Steam. Then there is also the fact that the game is less than a month old. You're probably better off hoping Amazon or GMG has a sale for the game that comes with a Steam Key.

#11 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

slim, it's already been on sale, for a new game.

#12 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

25-33% off, tops.

#13 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

25-33% off, tops.

Yep, pretty much this and that's only if it does go on sale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.