Yo here's 2 hours of gameplay, if that's something you want

#1 Posted by Vinny_Says (5687 posts) -

It's not HD but still it's a super long stream of the game. Watch for spoilers (of course) and leave some of your thoughts below. Personally, I quite enjoy that the map editor that made the previous console games great is still around. I remember spending way too much time editing maps in Far Cry Instincts even though I didn't have xbox live at the time.

#2 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2945 posts) -

First!

edit: Just kidding dogs! Watching the video now. I was just so excited about this video. Yeah Vinny_Says, the map editor was great. One of my favorite in game tools really. TimeSplitters was maybe the best..

#3 Posted by adam1808 (1373 posts) -

A post title worthy of Alex Navarro himself

Online
#4 Edited by jerseyscum (862 posts) -

Ok. Now I'm interested.

It looks like the developers cribbed a little of the Assassin's Creed team for revealing events on the map via the radio towers. That's not a bad thing at all. Beats wandering the map aimlessly looking for cash or other goodies.

And there's an actual fast travel system, so the game probably won't be an unplayable bore fest like Far Cry 2.

Enemies also don't seem to bullet sponge. Two or three shots in the chest will take somebody down nicely.

#5 Posted by RedRoach (1176 posts) -

My biggest hope for this is that it just feels better than Far Cry 2. FC2 movement and driving felt so slow it really put me off from the game.

#6 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

it looks fucking great. id told myself no more games this year but....

#7 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Watching, thanks.

Let's see if it gives the player freedom or not..

Edit: 00:22:00 supposedly begins the non-scripted non-tutorial freedom-of-play phase

Edit Edit: The commentator is hilarious.

I reeeeeally hope this is the next Crysis. 30 minutes in, it's looking good so far.

The plant gathering is so ghey xD

I hope there are all kinds of HUD and screen indicator settings, like in DX Human Revolution. I don't want flashing indicator orgy in my face.

#8 Posted by Vinny_Says (5687 posts) -

@jerseyscum: huh...didn't even notice the AC map revealing similarities...same studios after all, good on them.

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Ok, I declare my impression of this video: This looks like a good Crysis game. Finally, after 5 years, we get a similar game. Let's hope it doesn't end up disappointing.

#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5687 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Ok, I declare my impression of this video: This looks like a good Crysis game. Finally, after 5 years, we get a similar game. Let's hope it doesn't end up disappointing.

nah man crysis 3 will totally fix everything wrong with crysis 2! But seriously though, did the first crysis have sidequests and random shit to do as well? I never played it.

#11 Posted by believer258 (11642 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Ok, I declare my impression of this video: This looks like a good Crysis game. Finally, after 5 years, we get a similar game. Let's hope it doesn't end up disappointing.

nah man crysis 3 will totally fix everything wrong with crysis 2! But seriously though, did the first crysis have sidequests and random shit to do as well? I never played it.

The first Crysis had a handful of side objectives, but it was mainly "You start here, you need to get here, now find a way there and blow up/activate something." And by "find a way there" I don't mean "choose between two linear paths", I mean, "find a fucking way there." There wasn't much handholding in that game.

, considering that Crysis is a spiritual successor to Far Cry would you say that this is coming full-circle? I'm about to go eat some good ol' Thanksgiving dinner so I can't watch this stream now but everything I've heard about this game seems great.

#12 Posted by Giantstalker (1533 posts) -

I actually liked Far Cry 2, but still, this seems even better. Thanks for sharing the video.

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Ok, I declare my impression of this video: This looks like a good Crysis game. Finally, after 5 years, we get a similar game. Let's hope it doesn't end up disappointing.

nah man crysis 3 will totally fix everything wrong with crysis 2! But seriously though, did the first crysis have sidequests and random shit to do as well? I never played it.

The first Crysis had a handful of side objectives, but it was mainly "You start here, you need to get here, now find a way there and blow up/activate something." And by "find a way there" I don't mean "choose between two linear paths", I mean, "find a fucking way there." There wasn't much handholding in that game.

What he said!

@believer258 said:

, considering that Crysis is a spiritual successor to Far Cry would you say that this is coming full-circle?

Seemingly so far, hell yes! Far Cry -> Crysis -> Far Cry 3. It's beautiful! Little to no scripting, total sandbox, player freedom, amazing action.

#14 Posted by jerseyscum (862 posts) -

Vass looks goddamn terrifying. Intelligent and completely bugfuck psychotic.

#15 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@jerseyscum said:

Vass looks goddamn terrifying. Intelligent and completely bugfuck psychotic.

And completely hateable. I'm so excited to play this game.

#16 Posted by Lysergica33 (517 posts) -

I really wish he'd gone and done that mushroom mission. Goddamn it. Game looks sick though. Here's to hoping the ending doesn't have AC3 syndrome. After Dishonored, AC3 and ME3, I don't think I can handle another terrible ending. I'd probably just have to quit gaming or something.

#17 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@murisan said:

@jerseyscum said:

Vass looks goddamn terrifying. Intelligent and completely bugfuck psychotic.

And completely hateable. I'm so excited to play this game.

Yeah looking like character of the year, that voice acting and facial expressions is fucking great, getting a big Joker vibe from him, also this whole setup of this story reminds me of that movie The Beach and I loved that movie.

@Vinny_Says said:

@jerseyscum: huh...didn't even notice the AC map revealing similarities...same studios after all, good on them.

I always loved that mechanic from the AC games makes a lot of sense to the gamplay as well observing your surroundings. This game is looking pretty fucking cool, been the type of game I have been missing this year, love the RPG mechanics they incorparated and all the side quests This looks so much better than what Crysis 3 is.

Also that animation in the opening part is incredible, involves stealth which is a new thing.

@believer258 said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Ok, I declare my impression of this video: This looks like a good Crysis game. Finally, after 5 years, we get a similar game. Let's hope it doesn't end up disappointing.

nah man crysis 3 will totally fix everything wrong with crysis 2! But seriously though, did the first crysis have sidequests and random shit to do as well? I never played it.

The first Crysis had a handful of side objectives, but it was mainly "You start here, you need to get here, now find a way there and blow up/activate something." And by "find a way there" I don't mean "choose between two linear paths", I mean, "find a fucking way there." There wasn't much handholding in that game.

, considering that Crysis is a spiritual successor to Far Cry would you say that this is coming full-circle? I'm about to go eat some good ol' Thanksgiving dinner so I can't watch this stream now but everything I've heard about this game seems great.

Crysis was more like Halo with it's super human abilities. Also gamespot did a quick look of this but with 720p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.