Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

Loading Textures Pixelated

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Game is installed on an 840 Evo Pro SSD, haven't done any tweaks to the SSD, I'm running gtx980 (stock clocks), and an i7-4790k

When I'm walking around, especially in towns, I notice large pixels over textures that disappear within about one second. This is ESPECIALLY noticeable on stairs and the waist high rock wall textures. I have messed with all AA and other graphical settings and nothing has helped. I've used the gamerprofile.xml fix for stutters, but that didn't change it either. Not really sure what's causing this. Here's a youtube video of the example (not me, but the same exact problem).

Anyone else having this problem?

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MOAB

Yep. I have the same SSD, VC and CPU. I'm using the 347.09 driver, but it was happening with the 344.65 driver I was using as well. I set PostFxQuality="false" in the xml file.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@moab: Did that fix it for you? Just changing the postfx in gamerprofile.xml did not fix it for me. Less noticeable at high speeds I think (might be placebo), but I still notice it on the walls.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hurricaneivan29: I just meant that was the only thing I changed. It made no difference either way.

Avatar image for deathwish3onvhs
    deathwish3onvhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Far cry 3 did this too. I think that's just the games engine works, maybe?

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I've recorded it now. I'm on 1440p and youtube's compression makes it less noticable, but if you skip to 0:25 it's very apparent, and even more so in game.

Again, this happens all around me, stairs, roofs, walls, clothing, rocks... it's unreal... changing texture quality and AA didn't help at all.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.