Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

Oh Far Cry 4, we were having so much fun...

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

... merrily running through the jungle shooting at crap and blowing stuff up.

Then you had to go and spoil it all by giving me choices and then only letting me have ONE SAVE FILE!

It didn't really hit me until the very last choice of the game when, having made my decision, I thought "I'd REALLY like to see what would happen if I did that differently"... but to do that I would now have to play through the entire open world game again.

It's astonishing that Ubisoft didn't task someone in one of the small country-sized development teams working on the game to code a multi-save system. You know, like the one they had in Far Cry 3.

Man, 2014 was really not a year to be a Ubisoft game.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think they did it on purpose. You can always DL your cloud save

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glots

I thought this was pretty odd as well. I wanted to give that Pagan Ming thing in the beginning a try, but then noticed the save game stuff and had to start the game fresh on another account on PS4. Not that big of a deal since I only wanted to play the beginning again for that little surprise, but still pretty odd.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could back it up to USB, surely?

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Wacomole

@shindig: They make it horrendously difficult for the lay-person to find their save file on the PC.

If you manage to Google what and where the file is, you still have to make sure that you disable cloud saves lest Ubisoft in their infinite wisdom, decide that "No you didn't want to play THAT file, you wanted play the file we have saved for you in the cloud, you silly! You're Welcome."... and then overwrites it.

Of course that's all moot, as the only file that now exists is a post credits save.

On the plus side, I'm actually enjoying playing with the Map Editor at the moment. It makes some very pretty environments very easily.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

Haven't finished it yet, so maybe this doesn't apply, but...

...YouTube?

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

I agree. When you come to the end of a game where they give you a choice, it should be a choice you can go back to. Especially when one ending makes the story just fizzle out into nothing. Of course I did that ending first, or so I thought. Went on Youtube to see the other one, and I really wish I did that. It doesn't really matter in the long run, but this actually makes the game feel unfinished to me. That I haven't really finished it. They could have easily done something about that though, just by letting you discover something yourself. I mean, when going back to the palace after killing Pagan, you can enter the shrine. You have to enter the shrine to find another journal entry from your dad. So you see the name, you see the date. Why can't Ajay piece it together himself, and prompt you to place the ashes there? This would have at least made it feel more like I finished the story.

Bah. To whoever haven't finished the game yet, when Pagan tells you one option is boring, take his word for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.