Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

PS4 versus Xbox One - Are they the same?

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I have ended up with two copies of the game; one for PS4 and one for Xbox One. There does not seem to be any comparison videos out as of yet? I prefer playing on the Xbox as I like the controller slightly more, but I want to play the version that is technically best (PC-version is not an option for me.) Digital Foundry has not made a comparison video yet.

I guess that i could open both versions of the game and try them out, but I would like to be able to return one of them to the store.

Has anyone here had the chance to try both out and compare?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I tried looking up for comparisons before buying this, but ended up going with the Xbox One version because I prefer the controller like you. I can only say that the framerate is pretty solid and overall it looks only slightly worse than max-settings Far Cry 3 on the PC.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They look identical but the PS4 version has the Keys to Kyrat stuff if that's important to you.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm pretty sure the Xbox One version only spits out 900p, but in practice this hasn't really been a huge deal in the past.

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: Yes, I want to see their comparison between the two versions. They were very fast with putting up their comparison video of Ass. Unity, but now they seem busy comparing GTA 5 grass instead.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@victork: I don't really like that they release them piecemeal these days but they are still one of the very few places where they do thorough tests like this so we just have to be patient.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.