Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

the buzzer

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Was jeff just using it wrong or does it really have a 15s flight time?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Well he was using it wrong but yes it does only have a 20 second flight time.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that sucks

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man i thought you meant ubv-76 was in the game :(

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Looking forward to the week one "Infinite Fuel" PC mod.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By splodge

You guys sure? I have seen videos of people flying it longer than that. Is it not just restricted in terms of elevation? If the buzzer goes off, you need to reduce your height. It is to prevent people from just flying over the mountains.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FritzDude

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with fuel but altitude to keep you in the game world. But I'm not entirely sure.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at the Gamespot Now Playing it doesn't seem to have a fuel gauge at all, it just crashes if you fly too high.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe @dannyodwyer knows, he has spent some time flying around!

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with fuel but altitude to keep you in the game world. But I'm not entirely sure.

thats what I thought, I vaguely remember in the E3 demo they said it could only fly low

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Unless they changed it for release, I'm certain it's related to altitude. I've seen a handful of videos in which the buzzer lasted longer than 20 seconds.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if the Himalaya region of the map can be reached on foot? It seems like it might be a separate area, that is reached by fast travel, which is a shame. I was hoping you could fly the wingsuit all the way down from the top of that icy mountain.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless they changed it for release, I'm certain it's related to altitude. I've seen a handful of videos in which the buzzer lasted longer than 20 seconds.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if the Himalaya region of the map can be reached on foot? It seems like it might be a separate area, that is reached by fast travel, which is a shame. I was hoping you could fly the wingsuit all the way down from the top of that icy mountain.

Guy on gamespot said it's all seamless, but they will gate you in the beginning to prevent you from just going straight up north. It is all a seamless world.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man i thought you meant ubv-76 was in the game :(

You where not alone in thinking that.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I think it's an altitude thing rather than a fuel thing. Prevent you from hitting the skybox or going somewhere you aren't meant to. I'd imagine getting high enough to see the whole map would have performance or glitchy issues. Hopefully...

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

Looking at the Gamespot Now Playing it doesn't seem to have a fuel gauge at all, it just crashes if you fly too high.

Danny flew way longer than 20 seconds and everything was fine, so it has nothing to do with fuel. Even during the Quick Look it was pretty obvious that it's an altitude thing. Looks like the fuel gauge exists only in Jeff's mind.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Looks like the fuel gauge exists only in Jeff's mind.

I'm betting the birds have something to do with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just watched a video IGN just posted (go to 2;45). It's definitely an altitude thing. It never runs out of fuel, just descends rapidly when you get too high. You can take off again when it drops. It's just forcing you to stay below a certain altitude depending on where you are. They got it up pretty high and flew for nearly a minute before they bailed.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge said:

@sunbrozak said:

Guy on gamespot said it's all seamless, but they will gate you in the beginning to prevent you from just going straight up north. It is all a seamless world.

Ah, I see. That's good to hear. Thanks duder!

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sunbrozak: It's altitude. I can confirm that :) You can stay in the vehicle. It beeps until you reach the normal altitude again.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@splodge said:

@sunbrozak said:

There is also a video, on Gamespot I believe, purporting to show the game being beaten in 15 minutes...I didn't watch it.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By emfromthesea

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.