Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

This game has a brilliant easter egg *MAJOR SPOILERS*

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Far Cry 4 has an easteregg or rather a secret ending and I think it's fantastic. Don't watch the video if you don't want to spoil yourself though as it contains major spoilers. I don't really care about the narrative especially after they fucked up the one in Far Cry 3 so bad but I'd wager this ending is better that the actual one. Very clever, especially considering the song they marketed the game with is "Should I stay or should I go".

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awesome. I love when games do ridiculous things like this.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

Fantastic. Don't really see how it's so spoilery though.

I wish you got a short sequence of you on a minigun taking out the Golden Path base with Pagan.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm uh...not sure I get it?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

I love weird joke endings like this.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I haven't played the game, but I assume the game expects the player to sneak out of Pagin Min's hideout when given the opportunity, given that he is presented as a psychopath. For you to politely wait on his return, and then go off to shoot the apparent good guys on a helicopter, is the joke.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By EuanDewar

I cant tell if I didn't get it or I did get it but just didn't find it very funny.

Cool of them to include it though. Always like it when devs do goofy little things like this.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By altairre

@demoskinos said:

Well your main quest is to scatter the ashes of your mother. You get picked up by "antagonist" dude here and he tells you to wait in that room. If you don't do that and escape you just launch in the regular game. If you actually wait he comes back, reveals the things he says in that video and lets you scatter the ashes like you planned (or rather lets you lay the urn down besides the one of the main character's sister). So it turns out he keeps his promise and isn't such a bad dude after all (depending on how you look at it). The whole game only really happens because you don't wait in that room as he says.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@altairre said:

@demoskinos said:

Well your main quest is to scatter the ashes of your mother. You get picked up by "antagonist" dude here and he tells you to wait in that room. If you don't do that and escape you just launch in the regular game. If you actually wait he comes back, reveals the things he says in that video and lets you scatter the ashes like you planned (or rather lets you lay the urn down besides the one of the main character's sister). So it turns out he keeps his promise and isn't such a bad dude after all (depending on how you look at it). The whole game only really happens because you don't wait in that room as he says.

Gotcha. I've been paying zero attention to this game so I have like zero context for anything that was shown in that video. Makes sense though! Clever, as well.

FerreroChell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is super cool. Especially tying it back to the song.

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but I love that final line from Pagan Ming. It seems to imply that the devs know that most people don't necessarily play Far Cry for the story. They play it to "shoot some guns" and feel like a hero.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

damnit now I want a DLC that lets you take down golden path alongside with Pagan

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.