Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

Yo, This is Fun as HELL: Far Cry 4

VincentAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By VincentAvatar
    No Caption Provided

This Week’s Game: Far Cry 4

Can I tell you a secret? Shh shh shh, lean in close.

I had no interest in Far Cry 3. That game, in fact, looked real fuckin’ dumb to me. I avoided it entirely, in fact, and instead picked up Far Cry 2 on sale and played a good amount of that, but I already wrote about that game. I am pretty sure that I still don’t have much interest at all in playing FC3, but I definitely have an interest in Far Cry 4.

I blame Giantbomb for this entirely.

I bought Far Cry 4 about a week ago, shortly before the game went on sale on XBL, so perfect timing there, I guess. Still, the game was totally worth the full cost based on how much fun I have had playing the co-op. Any game that just unleashes you and a buddy on an unsuspecting world with a lot of C4 is worth playing, I think. I have said “Xbox, record that” more times playing this game than any other – which is to say that I’ve said it at all.

There were some surprisingly great open world games that came out last year, so much so that I actually bought and played some. I tend to stay away from open world games because I never end up finishing them, but I think the truth is that I just need to stay away from GTA, because those are the ones that I never finish. I’ve had a blast with Sunset Overdrive and Shadow of Mordor. What Far Cry 4 has that those game doesn’t, of course, is co-op.

And C4. Can’t forget about that.

I have only actually played through the prologue and Act 1 (Chapter 1? I think it’s divided up by chapters) of the main story, and have spent the rest of my time climbing towers, freeing outposts, and assassinating soldiers. I did make a point of watching the quick ending, and one of the issues I have with the game is the fact that I had to sit through the introduction again after I unlocked that first ending. Aside from that and a few connectivity issues, though, I’m pretty happy with the game overall. Stuff blows up really nice, the detonators on the C4 have a surprisingly long range, and I have yet to run out of fun ways to create chaos in my little corner of Kyrat.

Oh man, I was going to talk about Puyo Puyo Tetris, wasn’t I? Oh well, next time maybe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.