Have you played any of the other FarCry games.

#1 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

Has anyone here played any of the Far Cry console games that came between 1 and 2? I completely forgot they even existed before they mentioned it on the stream. It's weird to think there is pretty much a separate franchise within this series.

#2 Posted by SlashDance (1815 posts) -

Yeah I played Far Cry Instincts Predator. Aside from its stupid name it was an okay early 360 game.

#3 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

Only played the first half of the first one cuz fuck the rest of that game and only played a bit of the second and stopped because it was doing nothing for me.

#4 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1746 posts) -

I've played and still own Instincts Predator on the 360. Given that it was the first game I got for the 360 I thought it was pretty cool at the time. Not sure how much it holds up now but I liked it a lot when I played it back then. The feral powers were a lot of fun to use.

#5 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

I have the first two sitting in my Steam, I bought them on the assumption I wouldn't get the third till next Summer, but I bought the 3rd one just recently, so I dunno if the other two are worth playing.

#6 Posted by mosespippy (4184 posts) -

I downloaded Far Cry 2 when it was free on PS+ but I haven't played it.

#7 Posted by vikingdeath1 (972 posts) -

I remember really liking Farcry Instincts: Predator, and just regular Instincts I know I at least played up til the zombies.

they weren't terrible, but weren't that Good either.

#8 Posted by Zella (754 posts) -

Yeah Far Cry 1 was one of my first pc games, I was terrible at it and just got bored and never put more than a few hours into it(got it for 5 bucks so not a huge deal to me). Played Far Cry 2 a ton on both PS3 then later PC, world was boring as hell but with a podcast in the background the game was a good time waster.

#9 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

Played the xbox version of the first game and dabbled in the 360 version of the second one.

@mosespippy said:

I downloaded Far Cry 2 when it was free on PS+ but I haven't played it.

Make sure to have a second controller because controller breakage during gameplay may occur.

#10 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2009 posts) -

The first game blew my still kinda young mind away. It looked so purty.

Then the second half of the game kicked in and I was pretty much done with it.

#11 Posted by EVO (3908 posts) -

Finished the original, got half way through the second, haven't player the third yet.

#12 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

played far cry 1 and a little of far cry 2. The first game is still pretty good.

#13 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2463 posts) -

Only have played Far Cry Instincts on the xbox.

#14 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

I loved Far Cry 2.

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

I've played all 3 games on the 360. I've also played the original Far Cry on the PC too or well some of it at least.

#16 Posted by Soapy86 (2621 posts) -

I've played the first two. Never played any of the console offshoots other than a demo.

#17 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Played FC2, but did not enjoy it. The constantly respawning dudes were a real downer.

#18 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2389 posts) -

I played FC Instincts Predator and FC 2 on 360. Both campaigns were garbage but I had a blast with both multiplayers. Hm...

#19 Posted by believer258 (11911 posts) -

I have played Far Cry Instincts and the 360 version of that. Strangely enough, the aiming on the 360 version felt way off, but it was perfect on the Xbox version so if you could get a hold of that version I'd recommend it.

And yes, it's a good game. Not a great one, and certainly one that will be soon forgotten by history, but if you just want to play a good, challenging, cheap shooter, then it's pretty good.

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

I think I played... Instincts and Instincts: Predator?

I also played 2 for about half an hour on my PC and wasn't a fan of some things in the port, and was too lazy to figure out how to bootleg fix them.

#21 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -

Played a tiny bit of 1 when my buddy visited from across the country. I tried 360 one and that was ok I guess. I really enjoyed Far Cry 2 but got burnt out about half way and I'm currently playing 3 now and it's fantastic.

#22 Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (559 posts) -

I've played them all except Predator on 360. Enjoyed Far Cry 2 the most once I figured out how to not suck at it, otherwise known as "always driving a vehicle with a big gun mounted on it". I really, really want FC3 but I'll probably have to wait until after Christmas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.