Betting the Farmville completely dead?

#1 Posted by BisonHero (6671 posts) -

My apologies if this the wrong place to be making this thread, but Betting the Farmville seems to be MIA.

Should we just assume the feature is cancelled now that the fall releases are starting to appear and the site has more games to cover? It certainly seems that way, but I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't ever any resolution to it, and that there was only ever one "investor call".

Has there ever been any official word from the staff or interns on what happened?

#2 Posted by Zidd (1851 posts) -

Fear Gauntlet probably happened. Which is far better.

#3 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I want to say I'm happy but I really enjoyed this episode.

#4 Posted by Subjugation (4724 posts) -

I think it's too early to call it.

#5 Posted by Keenblaze (471 posts) -

No, all the new episodes are just sitting in a vault with all the unreleased WUTANG's.

#6 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

ryan did say that the eps were getting boring so unless they think up a way to spice them up then i'd guess it would be.

#7 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Zidd said:

#8 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

I think they thought it was a good replacement for the Endurance Run, but got very low views as it went on, along with some hate on the forums, then went to Plan B and just straight up said yo, endurance run factory back in production during PAX.

#9 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2187 posts) -

There should at least be a finale.

#10 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -

oh game room :(

#11 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I really hope so. Fear Gauntlet is way better. I'm just bummed that the gauntlet will end soon.

#12 Posted by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

Hasn't been a new one in weeks. I wanted to see Jeff get mad at Kessler

#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11276 posts) -

While I feel like they had ringed as much out as Farmville as is possible, I also feel like there needs to be some sort of closure to it. You know, where they tally everything up and see who "won." 

Though in this case, I think the only winning move is not to play. Because Farmville sucks. 

#14 Posted by Mento (2676 posts) -

The Kingterns appear to be pretty busy with all the Fear Gauntlets and those Rooster Teeth-esque achievement guides on TheRealGiantBomb YouTube channel. It didn't look like FarmVille was going anywhere though; after they opened the social element it got a little crazy and unquantifiable. Plus Lemon did kind of cheat.

#15 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Farmville looks absolutely atrocious. I can't blame them for abandoning it. The episode where Lemon tried to sabotage Bodega was hilarious, though.

#16 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I completely forgot.

#17 Posted by Brendan (7834 posts) -

It would be nice to see some sort of finale with Vinny and Jeff acting out their investor personas, but it's not a big deal either way.

#18 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Fear Gauntlet burned the farms down and salted the earth. Long live Fear Gauntlet!

#19 Posted by MiniPato (2742 posts) -

I watched the first episode and stopped there. I'm sorry, but I don't think even Vinny and Jeff playing Farmville could have made that series interesting. Farmville is just too damn boring.

#20 Posted by papercut (3502 posts) -

Oh right, that was a thing.

Does everyone like my Alex impersonation?! I've been working on it for a while now.

#21 Posted by MiniPato (2742 posts) -

@papercut said:

Oh right, that was a thing.

Does everyone like my Alex impersonation?! I've been working on it for a while now.

Hmmm....mayhaps? Yeah, that's an impersonation.

#22 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

maybe they hash out who won farmville as a live segment during The Big Live Live Live show Live this Live is Time Live: Live Evolved 2

#23 Posted by ThreePi (61 posts) -

It had a couple good episodes, but frankly, Farmville has no endgame. Another one of Ryan's investor meetings would have been funny, but then what? More showing off the farms? The videos they had really seemed to show off everything that game has to offer. Hell, it'd be more interesting to scrap it and do a Harvest Moon (or even Harvest Moon 64) ER or something.

#24 Posted by JBG4 (420 posts) -

As much as I despise Farmville, I actually enjoyed Betting the Farmville. I hope it makes a return in some way or we get an update on if it is coming back or not. Also, Fear Gauntlet is way better.

#25 Posted by JayDee (440 posts) -

there needs to be some kind of conclusion

#26 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

I really hope they wrap it up in the same style as when Ryan called Vinny and Jeff. It'd be amazing.

#27 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

@Zidd said:

Lemon bores me, though. And they don't really treat the fear gauntlet as a video feature, it's hidden in community videos and their blogs right?

#28 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

Hmmm.... I didn't even notice that it stopped until this thread (and I watched every episode)... I guess that is a pretty good indicator of why they stopped it?

#29 Posted by Zidd (1851 posts) -

@G3RHRT: Unfortunately but its pretty great and is sometimes promo'd on the front page.

#30 Posted by Seroth (722 posts) -

I also want a conclusion.

#31 Edited by Castiel (2661 posts) -

Oh shit I completely forgot about that.

#32 Posted by powicewobots (96 posts) -

I actually quite liked the FarmVille videos, not that I would ever actually play the game itself. Would've been nice to have wrapped up the feature instead of just leaving it at that point.

#33 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

I guess they thought Farmville would supply a decent amount of enjoyable content, and to be fair, there were some good times to be had.

In the end though, it's still fucking Farmville.

#34 Posted by Jimbo (9863 posts) -

Whoever wins... we lose.

#35 Posted by applet0n (654 posts) -

There were some good times to be had, but all in all, I'm glad the Fear Gauntlet took over instead. 

Also, they should be promo-ing the fuck out of that thing. Honestly, I don't understand why Betting the Farmville was more prominently displayed.

#36 Posted by CornishRocker (397 posts) -

The Fear Gauntlet is a much better use of their time.

#37 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Dude remember when this was a thing, it has over 2000 views and a whole load of members...

#38 Posted by SamFo (1535 posts) -

BRING IT BACK!

#39 Posted by Nottle (1917 posts) -

The last thing on the fear gauntlet is going to be farmville... just wait and see. What could be scarier?

#40 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

@Nottle: The first Harvest Moon?

#41 Posted by TopSteer (671 posts) -
#42 Posted by EchoEcho (830 posts) -

@ThreePi said:

It had a couple good episodes, but frankly, Farmville has no endgame. Another one of Ryan's investor meetings would have been funny, but then what? More showing off the farms? The videos they had really seemed to show off everything that game has to offer. Hell, it'd be more interesting to scrap it and do a Harvest Moon (or even Harvest Moon 64) ER or something.

Betting the Harvest Moon would have been much more entertaining, nonsensical name and all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.