Giant Bomb has to do a quicklook of this when it comes out

#1 Posted by Drakeon (48 posts) -

Fast & Furious Showdown looks amazing(ly bad).

This is a game for HD consoles in 2013 guys.

#2 Posted by Andorski (5343 posts) -

For GOTY there should be a category called "Rorie's Pick For Worst Movie+Game Combo."

#3 Edited by mosespippy (4285 posts) -

Someone should send them the original Fast & Furious game for PS2. I want to know what that is like.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11992 posts) -

You can collide with things, so it's better than Big Rigs Over the Road Racing...

... but not by much. A cop gets knocked and clipped through a wall at one point.

#5 Posted by awesomeusername (4218 posts) -

I've never vomited so hard.

Why does Activision even publish these movie games that will probably sell a handful of copies? Might as well donate the money to something useful.

#7 Edited by Barrabas (326 posts) -

Why does Activision even publish these movie games that will probably sell a handful of copies? Might as well donate the money to something useful.

Because they don't sell a handful, they sell a ton. It's unfortunate but not everyone goes to sites like GB to see how good a game might be before buying. Many will buy movie games just because it's based on a movie they like. That or mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa will get them for their kids/grandchildren because they've actually heard of the movie and that's more than they can say for any other game that they see in the store.

#8 Edited by Zaccheus (1797 posts) -

Aamazing.

#9 Posted by Hunter5024 (5810 posts) -

I am very disappointed that the n2o meter did not say "Nos" instead. Also, I didn't get what everyone was saying until the gameplay started, but mannn that's like a ps2 game.

#10 Edited by Trilogy (2675 posts) -

Woof...

#12 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

Alex should review this game.

#13 Edited by awesomeusername (4218 posts) -

@barrabas said:

@awesomeusername said:

Because they don't sell a handful, they sell a ton. It's unfortunate but not everyone goes to sites like GB to see how good a game might be before buying. Many will buy movie games just because it's based on a movie they like. That or mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa will get them for their kids/grandchildren because they've actually heard of the movie and that's more than they can say for any other game that they see in the store.

They only sell a ton? A ton=1000. That's still not a lot.

On the serious side, no they do not. I don't even mean all movie games in general either. I mean the ones like this and Battleship. Ask 10,000 people and I will pay up $100 for each person who has seen the trailer or even heard that these games came out. There's a difference between X-Men Origins Wolverine/Spider-Man and Fast & Furious/Battleship. The former get marketing. The latter don't even get announced. You just see them on a random article titled "Hey, we found a listing that this movie will be a game". Hell, this game STILL hasn't been announced. I can guarantee you this game will get the smallest shelf space possible in stores.

#14 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2218 posts) -

Shame that the greatest film series of our generation can't get a game worth its name.

#15 Edited by awesomeusername (4218 posts) -

Shame that the greatest film series of our generation can't get a game worth its name.

I know. All the Marvel movie games like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Avengers have terrible to mediocre games. Marvel needs their own game division yobro

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.