Feminists unhappy with Fat Princess

• 171 results
#1 Posted by dresum (30 posts) -

Editor's Note: This article contains vulgar language.

Fat Princess has garnered a lot of attention when it debuted at E3. The startlingly violent PSN multiplayer game got accolades from gamers and critics alike for its unique premise and appealing gameplay. However, not everyone is happy with Fat Princess.

Shakesville (picture, above) notes that the title furthers inappropriate gender stereotypes and continues the culture of ridicule that many overweight individuals must suffer through. "Anyway, congrats on your awesome new game, Sony. I'm positively thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative assholes. It's not often I have the opportunity to congratulate a cutting-edge tech company on such splendiferous retrofuck jackholery. Way to go! The Fat Princess of Shakes Manor salutes you."

Feminist Gamers has a suggestion: they want the game to avoid making the princess become fat with cake. Instead, there are other non-"cute" ways of going about this, in terms of gameplay: "So how about layering, Karamari-style, a bunch of random shit on top of the chest, like shrubbery, rocks, bison, etc, that would also weight it down. That could be cute, and silly, and not reinforce nasty stereotypes about women and the obese."

source: ps3fanboy.com

I don't know about you guys, but this only gives me more of an incentive to buy this with it comes out. Your thoughts?

#2 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I'm all for women rights and all but....

Those feminists are insane

#3 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

Was the other topic deleted or something? Kind of odd that they would censor a... finger.

#4 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -
dresum said:
"Shakesville (picture, above) notes that the title furthers inappropriate gender stereotypes and continues the culture of ridicule that many overweight individuals must suffer through. "Anyway, congrats on your awesome new game, Sony. I'm positively thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative assholes. It's not often I have the opportunity to congratulate a cutting-edge tech company on such splendiferous retrofuck jackholery. Way to go! The Fat Princess of Shakes Manor salutes you.""
So she's saying that women are stereotypically fat?  I'm confused...
#5 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

Fats Cunts pissed cause she cant get laid.

"fat activist"....oh the irony.

My goat laughs at that Bitch -

"That hoe is Loco"
#6 Posted by elliooo (293 posts) -

Yeah I really worry about some people sometimes - do they really have nothing better to complain about? What about the 28 million child slaves that still exist in the world today? Who cares - THERE'S A GAME WITH A FAT PERSON IN IT!!!!!!

#7 Posted by Blazer74 (186 posts) -

Fat Feminist.

#8 Posted by NinjaPaul (37 posts) -

They should be pleased that finally thousands of guys will be trying to get inside a fat woman

#9 Posted by ParadoxControl (178 posts) -
elliooo said:
"Yeah I really worry about some people sometimes - do they really have nothing better to complain about? What about the 28 million child slaves that still exist in the world today? Who cares - THERE'S A GAME WITH A FAT PERSON IN IT!!!!!!"
They know there argument is shit, which makes it even more funny. The fact that blog comments have been disabled proves that point pretty well.
#10 Posted by KindGalaxy (429 posts) -

I'd rather have a skinny, implant-enhanced Princess who spews up food faster than you can feed her and instead of carrying her from the enemy's castle on your back you just blow real hard and let the wind carry her. That'd please the feminists wouldn't it?

#11 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1071 posts) -

Wow. This is why ReTarDedFisHy doesn't date fat fishies. She's obviously offended... it's just a game, a joke nonetheless.

#12 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -

I just don't feel bad for people that get upset about something most of them can control. I doubt 100% of fat people actually have a glandular issue. You're suggesting that putting in something factually true (that cake is fattening) is backwards thinking just because you for some reason take offense to something you don't have to look at, hear about, or even THINK about?

I think this women (who obviously doesn't take care of herself even if she does have a glandular issue) should promptly make herself seem more intelligent by just shutting up.

#13 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -
KindGalaxy said:
"I'd rather have a skinny, implant-enhanced Princess who spews up food faster than you can feed her and instead of carrying her from the enemy's castle on your back you just blow real hard and let the wind carry her. That'd please the feminists wouldn't it?
"
This brings up a good point that I didn't even consider. Feminists get all menstrual when there are "idealized" women in games, and now when there's a fat one, too? There's just no pleasing people.

Think she would give a fuck if it were a fat guy? Double-standards be damned.
#14 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

its satirical. i cant wait for this game. feminists need to shut up.

#15 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

Wow, that goat posted above also has some fat turds..

#16 Edited by HenryHSH (26 posts) -
My princess
#17 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

dont give negatives to mah goat bitches

"That Fat birch is loco"
#18 Posted by Xhiea (9 posts) -

@HenryHSH that is awesome, nice! :P

feminists do need to shut up.

#19 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Who's that fat guy?

#20 Posted by Ranger (9 posts) -

And that is why we have "Barbie's Horse Adventures". See, something for everyone.. sarcasticly implied of course.

#21 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
License_To_Bill said:
"Was the other topic deleted or something? Kind of odd that they would censor a... finger.
"
You can swear on the forum yet the middle finger is a no-no?

Odd
#22 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Already 2 other threads on this... And Henry, the least you could do is give credit to NeoGAF for making that..

#23 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1547 posts) -

I'm not quite sure what exactly offends her. She herself is calling fat girls 'unloveable human garbage' while the game is about 16 players fighting to rescue their princess out of devotion regardless of her looks.

#24 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -

They really should have something better to do, and yeah for some reason I am now intrested in buying it just to annoy them.

#25 Posted by Randolph (374 posts) -

When aren't they?  If they don't create some kind of ridiculous drama, then people will forget they exist.  Just smile and pat them on the head, they'll scream themselves silly and take a nap, much like a small child.

#26 Posted by Katatonic (41 posts) -

I'm not going as far as to say feminists have no argument, or that I don't care about their argument, but the fact is that it's a videogame.  Reinforcing stereotypes is kind of what they do most of the time.  Whether it's fat women, those wily Russians, war being honorable, etc.  It's a form of entertainment, and it need not be politically correct.  

#27 Posted by verybadbeetle (43 posts) -

The whole point of the game is to RESCUE the princess. They aren't making fun of her in the game. In fact the soldiers are giving their lives and dying in gruesome ways in order to save her and return her home.

#28 Posted by Vyse_Legends (417 posts) -

Well I guess it is really true that some people always need something to complain about.

#29 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

Feminists need to get a grip, and I agree getting fat is your own fucking fault, I mena right now I ahvne't done any sports in like a year so I've lost all my muscle mass and am now just pudgy overweight, but i know its my fault and I've resumed exercising recently because of it I don't fucking complain like all the fat people campaigning for larger airplane seats and seats at the theater, people jsu tneed to realize that just because there are nowadays a lot of fat people (especially in america) beign morbidly obese is not ok.

#30 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

Shouldn't she be happy? It means you can be fat and still be a princess...

#31 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

"This article contains vulgar language" ..

And a vulgar picture of something giving people the finger :o

#32 Posted by RVonE (4703 posts) -

feminists are awesome. Great for a party.

#33 Posted by thelastguy (356 posts) -
HenryHSH said:
"
My princess
"
And we have a winner!
#34 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

Feminists get mad at anything. Any other group wouldn't give a shit.

You could call this game Fat Ass Dick Suck Lumberjack and would the lumberjacks be up in arms? Of course not.

...Well maybe if they were FEMINIST LUMBERJACKS.

#35 Posted by kratos (208 posts) -

she probably just heard the title I don't know how it's offensive to anyone what it shows women are princesses and fat people are heavy?

#36 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

Like I said, shouldn't she be happy? It means you can be fat and still be a princess...

#37 Posted by Buzzer_Beater (200 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Shouldn't she be happy? It means you can be fat and still be a princess...
"
hahahaha. There is the answer. See Sony was right. They are making games for EVERYONE.
#38 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

Exactly. They think about all people =P

#39 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

These people are so out of touch with reality it sickens me.

#40 Edited by Buzzer_Beater (200 posts) -
ZeForgotten said:
""This article contains vulgar language" ..

"
Yeah. That's really mature. It's just a game. Wow, people take these things way to seriously nowadays.
#41 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
FengShuiGod said:
"These people are so out of touch with reality it sickens me.
"
Bows head in agreement!
#42 Posted by Luchadeer (105 posts) -

F Femenazis. Just my two cents.

#43 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
Buzzer_Beater said:
"ZeForgotten said:
""This article contains vulgar language" ..

"
Yeah. That's really mature. It's just a game. Wow, people take these things way to seriously nowadays.
"
Exactly. 3 points to you. It's just games, enjoy them. That's what most of us have been doing all our lives.
#44 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2500 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Shouldn't she be happy? It means you can be fat and still be a princess...
"

That's exactly what I was thinking.
#45 Posted by PaperPlain (243 posts) -

Overzealous bitch. Man the Harpoons!!!

#46 Posted by Hell_D3mon (47 posts) -

Most feminists are psychologically impaired, or neglected of affection from males.  They are all insanely illogical and energetic.  They never seem to shut up or stop wearing pink (at Temple University) and they picket over the most moronic things (aka this).  I want to grab a pimp glove, line up all the feminist morons int he world and slowly walk down the line.

#47 Posted by Vyse_Legends (417 posts) -
PaperPlain said:
"Overzealous bitch. Man the Harpoons!!!
"
I am definitly not gonna harpoon that.:?
#48 Posted by marc (573 posts) -

there'd be no issue if it was called Fat Prince. Feminists are fucktards. I am all for both sexes being equal, but they won't be happy until men are enslaved.

#49 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
marc said:
"there'd be no issue if it was called Fat Prince. Feminists are fucktards. I am all for both sexes being equal, but they won't be happy until men are enslaved.
"
That's probably true.
#50 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2120 posts) -

Its stupid, its a game and its not all that provocative. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.