Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fat Princess

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 30, 2009

The controversial Fat Princess sees the endless battle of red vs. blue comes to a fight between two kingdoms who have kidnapped each other's princess and are stuffing her with cake to make her rescue more difficult.

Update from Titan Studios (yes, the servers are being hammered)

Shinobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shinobe

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=fatprincess&thread.id=3444

Fat Princess: Update from the dev team

Thanks to all of you who have downloaded the game, and for the great emails, forum posts and tweets. We’re hearing and seeing a lot of amazing feedback and are happy to report that people are having fun. As is often the case with new online games, a few problems have cropped up. We’re working to address them, and want to keep all of you informed of our progress:

Connection Issues

Connecting to games can take a little longer than we planned, and attempts to join games are sometimes failing. Some players report having to attempt to join 2 or 3 times before getting into a game. Once you’re in a game, though, things are smooth and people are having a great time. We’re aware of this problem and working on it. Part of it stems from a lot of players hammering the system all at once, and part of it comes from matchmaking logic. Until we have things fixed and optimized, thanks for your patience. Try joining a few times and you should be good to go.

Hosting a Game

When you create a new game, it can take a while for other players to join your game. Once they do start joining, though, and the population of real (human) players hits a threshold, your server will begin to fill up. This delay is caused by the logic that suggests servers to players looking for a game – it prefers higher population servers. The upside of the way this logic works is that most players will be concentrated in games that are relatively full. If you have a good connection, and you want to host a game – go for it. You may have to be patient for others to join, though. If you have a poor connection, your server may be ignored. Blinking player icons on the scoreboard indicates this might be the case. We’re going to work on tuning this logic so we still get the benefits, but others join games more quickly.

NAT 3

We’re aware that players who have a NAT Type 3 connection, in some circumstances, cannot join games. This problem, caused by certain combinations of router settings, is common to many games on PSN. It is possible to change your network setting from a NAT Type 3 to NAT Type 2 connection, and that should solve your problems. It requires some effort, but if you want specific information, search the web or Youtube for “PS3 NAT Type 2.” There is a lot of information out there.

Other Comments

• We’ve gotten some comments regarding pricing for the game in different territories. Titan Studios did not have any role in setting prices outside the United States. We’re passing your comments along to Sony.
    • Use your Bluetooth headsets! We’ve seen and been part of some awesome games where people are communicating and coordinating. Teamwork is critical.

Stay tuned for updates. Thanks again to all of you. We appreciate the feedback. Enjoy!

- Titan Studios

www.twitter.com/titanstudios

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Awesome stuff and I liked this, "Use your Bluetooth headsets! We’ve seen and been part of some awesome games where people are communicating and coordinating. Teamwork is critical." 

Yes people, get your mics on your heads!

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CowMuffins

Nice.

BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

I disagree with " Once you’re in a game, though, things are smooth and people are having a great time"

Great time. Sure. But, Smooth. Hardly. The lag is balancing on the line between playable and annoying. It makes it very hard to land precise blows when the characters are jittering across the screen, or when you press the attack button and your character takes a second to actually attack, which is too long in such a fast paced game. But at the moment it's forgiveable because it has only just been released.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @BR4DL3I9H said:
    " I disagree with " Once you’re in a game, though, things are smooth and people are having a great time"

Great time. Sure. But, Smooth. Hardly. The lag is balancing on the line between playable and annoying. It makes it very hard to land precise blows when the characters are jittering across the screen, or when you press the attack button and your character takes a second to actually attack, which is too long in such a fast paced game. But at the moment it's forgiveable because it has only just been released.
    "
    agreed or when they jump and it seems like they've fallen off a cliff and you go off and boom there they are making it to the other side.
    BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

That is also hilarious. Or, when you throw a bomb into an empty spot and then suddenly you killed 3 people who jittered into the empty spot witthin the half a second the lag takes to catch up. Don't get me wrong, i definitely think the game is great, and most importantly it's fun, but give this game some more time for the kinks to be worked out, and it could be amazing.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

The game has some framerate issues in singleplayer to be honest.

I love it though. Getting a bit fed up with multiplayer games launching with issues though. I totally know it happens, I'm not really complaining. It's just disappointing. It's refreshing when things just work.

Great game though.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

This just in, Or atleast this just in as of last night.

there are all ready glitchers in the game people have figured out how to glitch the princess pass castle walls and of the map so you can never retrieve her.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By KingBroly

It was a problem in the beta.

PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By PowerBombYo

I played a couple rounds tonight that were very smooth. I'm sure everything will work out soon enough. Great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'll buy it later

bandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By bandro

this annoys me:

• We’ve gotten some comments regarding pricing for the game in different territories. Titan Studios did not have any role in setting prices outside the United States. We’re passing your comments along to Sony.
    this post is addressed to the people who have already purchased the game - I don't want to hear that the price i've just paid is some kind of error, and my wallet was the test guinea pig for something that should have been addressed prior to release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.