Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fatal Frame

Franchise »

A series of survival horror titles in which the protagonists must defend themselves from deadly ghosts, using a special camera designed to seal spirits away.

New Project Zero/Fatal Frame coming (possibly a remake of II)!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Link.

Both the characters and the environments are from Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly, so it looks like this'll be a remake. I don't know how I feel about that... Crimson Butterfly is, as far as I'm concerned, easily the best of the first three games, and I was so scared by it, I never even finished it (I think I got close to the end, though). However, two of the most important reasons it was as scary as it was were the masterful camerawork and the graininess, and it looks like both those elements are gone in this.

I'm also pretty bummed that this is another Wii game. I would kill for a new Project Zero on one of the more powerful consoles.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#2  Edited By Jazz
    @Icemael said:
    " Link.

Both the characters and the environments are from Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly, so it looks like this'll be a remake. I don't know how I feel about that... Crimson Butterfly is, as far as I'm concerned, easily the best of the first three games, and I was so scared by it, I never even finished it (I think I got close to the end, though). However, two of the most important reasons it was as scary as it was were the masterful camerawork and the graininess, and it looks like both those elements are gone in this.

I'm also pretty bummed that this is another Wii game. I would kill for a new Project Zero on one of the more powerful consoles. "
    Well with Move coming out it would seem like a obvious..erm move? But the decreased costs for making a Wii game and the fact there are more Wii consoles in Japan than ps3 kinda shows why they chose the Wii. However, i too would love a ps3 version. This series needs a greater presence in the west...
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Too bad I don't have a Wii.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Icemael
    @TheSeductiveMoose: Look on the bright side. If this ends up being Japan-exclusive like Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, you won't be disappointed, as you never got excited in the first place.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust
    @Icemael said:
    " @TheSeductiveMoose: Look on the bright side. If this ends up being Japan-exclusive like Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, you won't be disappointed, as you never got excited in the first place. "
    Yep, considering the prior effort, we shouldn't get all that excited. 
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By owl_of_minerva

How does Fatal Frame compare to other Japanese survival horror franchises? I've never actually played one, though I'm tempted to acquire one of the PS3 entries (they're not very expensive where I'm located).

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Icemael
    @owl_of_minerva: I find Siren and the pre-4 Resident Evils boring, and Silent Hill mostly boring (but at least occasionally, mildly unnerving), but Fatal Frame... Fatal Frame scares me. The second and third had me at the edge of my seat every single second, and even the first, which is by far the weakest in terms of scariness, makes other horror games seem like Care Bears episodes in comparison.

You should definitely give the series a shot. Don't start with the third game, though. It has pretty strong story ties to both the first and the second (those two, however, are independent from each other and can be played in whatever order you like).
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Suda 51 isn't making it, after Fatal Frame 4...I doubt this would be any good compared to Suda's vision of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.