Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fatal Frame

Franchise »

A series of survival horror titles in which the protagonists must defend themselves from deadly ghosts, using a special camera designed to seal spirits away.

Nintendo co-owns the Fatal Frame/Project Zero IP.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/22/report-nintendo-now-co-owns-fatal-frame-ip/ 

Nintendo now co-owns the intellectual property rights to Project Zero – known as Fatal Frame in North America – according to a report on Rely On Horror. Nintendo apparently added Tecmo's spooktacular franchise to its list of copyrights. Furthermore, it appears that Nintendo wholly owns the IP for Spirit Camera, the Fatal Frame spin-off recently released on the 3DS. The company also has ownership and publishing rights for Project Zero 2: Wii Edition, which is slated to hit Europe later this year (still no North American announcement for that one). 

I'd imagine this means we'll see a WiiU Project Zero, which is pretty fucking cool. With that controller it seems like the perfect system for this series.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

Crazy, and yet, given the relationship that Nintendo, Tecmo, and the Fatal Frame series have shared over the past few years, I'm not surprised at all. I'm just disappointed that Nintendo of America refused to release Fatal Frame IV here, and have yet to say anything one way or the other on the Wii edition of Fatal Frame II.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.