Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fatal Frame

Franchise »

A series of survival horror titles in which the protagonists must defend themselves from deadly ghosts, using a special camera designed to seal spirits away.

Tecmo Koei and Nintendo working on Wii U Fatal Frame

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Tecmo Koei and Nintendo are answering are answering the prayers of @patrickklepek. It's been announced that they're working together on a new Fatal Frame title for the Wii U, though there aren't any specific details about the game at this time. Additionally, the franchise is receiving several adaptations in other media, including a novel, a manga, and a live-action film.

Hopefully, this new Fatal Frame will see a full western release. It's unfortunate, but Fatal Frame IV was never released outside of Japan, and the Wii edition of Fatal Frame II was only released in Japan and PAL territories.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

@hailinel said:

the Wii edition of Fatal Frame II was only released in Japan and PAL territories.

Another one of those "We could localize it in America, we just won't" situations? I feel like there's at least one more situation exactly like this (it's not Operation Rainfall and it's maybe not Nintendo).

Anyway, I should probably get around to this series already. Horror games where you're forced to make yourself vulnerable to advance? This is how you do it!

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By icicle7x3

This means nothing to me with they won't bring it out to NA. I'm happy that they are bringing it back, but I would like to play it at least.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

the Wii edition of Fatal Frame II was only released in Japan and PAL territories.

Another one of those "We could localize it in America, we just won't" situations? I feel like there's at least one more situation exactly like this (it's not Operation Rainfall and it's maybe not Nintendo).

Anyway, I should probably get around to this series already. Horror games where you're forced to make yourself vulnerable to advance? This is how you do it!

Honestly, I have no idea. Nintendo of America isn't adverse to Fatal Frame in its entirety (they did localize and release the spin-off Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir), but I'm not sure what they're reasoning for not releasing Fatal Frame II was. I do recall reading somewhere that one of the stopping points for Fatal Frame IV was the game apparently having certain bugs in the Japanese release that NOA wanted fixed, but Tecmo Koei didn't want to go through the effort. I have no idea if that's accurate in any way, though, and I can't recall where the hell I read it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Oh yeah, they did release that spinoff while not bringing over the real games. That is pretty annoying.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh man, I will be torn up if this isn't brought to the West.....

This is my WiiU dream game (Aside from Bayo2, but that's a real thing that I'll actually get my hands on for sure)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I hope NoA brings this out over here. I would buy the fuck out of a WiiU for this.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wasn't that spinoff also horrible? Lame.

I hope this gets released here. I don't think there's nearly enough weird games like this on home consoles anymore. I miss the kind of variety you saw during the PS2 days.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's finally happening. :D

Hope it gets a western release in all regions, you'd hope with the state of the WiiU Nintendo would realise they could use all the software they can get.

Project Zero 2 Wii Edition was super cool, here's hoping this is awesome.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CAN MY PS4 play WiiU games ?.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Liquidus

Yeah! I can't wait for this to not get localized here!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.