Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 10, 2009

Project Origin is the direct sequel to Monolith's spooky first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

Man, I absolutely LOVE this game!!!

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By papuccino1

The weapons in this game feel so powerful and just plain realistic. I don't know if it's because I'm playing on Normal but I love shotting soldiers in the head and taking them down in one shot to the skull.

I hate games where you have to shoot three shotgun rounds to the face in order to make them die (I'm looking at your Far Cry 2).

The granades are just right, and the combat is fast paced with flanking AI. I adore this game. I hope they make another one. Can't wait!

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Oh, man. Don't remind me of Far Cry 2. Sure, I love Fallout 3, and it can be the same way with enemies surviving ridiculous blows, but in it's defense, it keeps the game from being ridiculously easy. 

I need to play FEAR 2. I own FEAR and still haven't ever even played it. That game really impressed me with everything I saw on it. I was so happy when it came to 360, and man, I still haven't tried it. How lame of me. I'll get on that soon, I promise.

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By joshs

I installed and started playing this again just 2 days ago. I agree. It still feel awesome.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jimbo

Not that I know what a real firefight feels like, but FEAR 1 was the first game that just felt right.  It was great how the room would just get torn the fuck up.  I played it again not so long ago and it (the shooting) has really stood the test of time.  I should get around to checking out FEAR 2.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nanikore

I don't.

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ErrorOperator

I agree too! Combat in FEAR 2 was good, especially in reflex time when the enemy would fling around. But I have to admit, some Alma jump scares didnt happen to me because i didnt happen to be in the right position!

Avatar image for thehideousshrew
    thehideousshrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By thehideousshrew
    @papuccino1: I like that you started  a thread just to say that this game is awesome. I am compelled to agree. HAZZAH!!!
    CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By CharleyTony

I still dont get why this game was deemed crappy buy so many people, I don't know if it's great but it is at least good.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I need to hear from people who've played this game.  Having played the first I won't play 2 unless I know these things:

1) Does the game so clearly separate the scares and combat?  It didn't work terribly in the first going from combat to obviously scare moments but it got  tired by the end.

2) Does it rely as heavily on Alma?  I can't stand the cliche Japanese little girl thing anymore, not even interested in it.  Scary little kids are cliche enough but the "Ring" style little girl is the worst.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheFreeMan

I really liked FEAR2 (never played the first), but I have to disagree on the "weapons feel powerful" bit. Sure, they look and sound and act powerful, but I was constantly finding that I needed to pump a ridiculously large amount of rounds into people at times.

Although the sniper rifle and the shotgun definitely did not have that problem.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MeierTheRed

@papuccino1:

I just beat this yesterday, i picked it up dirt cheap. And i must admit it was a nice experience. As you also wrote the shooting can be really cool. What did you think of the ending?

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By cap123

i thought it was pretty OK, didn't have the same impact on me as the first at all though. Scares were nowhere near as good, but that school hall scene where the lockers shake was an awesome moment. the shooting was top notch as always though

Liminality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Liminality

Play in on hard and you will die realistically too :P 

The shield helps a little but when I have no shield 1 or 2 bullets have killed me with full life. I think that's nice but maybe is also the reason why I haven't finished yet

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By papuccino1
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud: 1. Yes, the combat and scares are clearly separated. "You have to go into that creepy vent in order to proceed!" But that's a good thing, now I know when to walk look at the ground. I'm a coward xD

2. yes as well. Alma is the protagonist of both games, why wouldn't she be featured.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@papuccino1 said:

" @Stephen_Von_Cloud: 1. Yes, the combat and scares are clearly separated. "You have to go into that creepy vent in order to proceed!" But that's a good thing, now I know when to walk look at the ground. I'm a coward xD  2. yes as well. Alma is the protagonist of both games, why wouldn't she be featured. "

I would like it better if both of those things changed, and I probably won't bother checking it out then.  It's a shame because I appreciate the weird combo of horror and the John Woo/Special Forces/Matrix gunplay.  Loved the little touches like the flying kick and the slide kick move in the first.
    papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By papuccino1
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud: Bro, you owe to yourself to at least rent the game to try it out. It's absolutely gorgeous but not in a distracting way. The guns feel incredible. I don't know how to explain it but they feel just right. Now pansy but not one-shot-one-kill. Just right.

I haven't gotten to the part where you get your matrix-y powers, but so far fighting in normal mode is exquisite. Just gives me a BONER. :D Buy it now!
    ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ErrorOperator

Now another decision has to be made, which is better, the epic ending of FEAR 1 or the epic ending of FEAR 2?

Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlastProcessing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.