Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 10, 2009

Project Origin is the direct sequel to Monolith's spooky first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

***SPOILER*** WTF is with the ending?!?!?!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Alright, so I finally beat the ending last night, and I did happen to be slightly inebriated, so maybe I missed something in it all, but I'm pretty sure that I actually saw what I saw.

All throughout the game, while me and my roommates watched the playthrough over the last week, there were points where Alma would jump at you and start going fucking bonkers.  We all kept yelling in a joking manner, "DOOD, SHE'S TRYING TO RAPE YOU!  KILL HER, GET HER OFF, BWAHAHAHAHA".

Then the ending hits.  -_-  And she DOES rape you!!!

WWWWWWWWWW        TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT       FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?

So now Alma is carrying Beckett's fucking kid and shit?  I mean, is that SERIOUSLY what is going on?  You got raped by some crazy apparition or monster or whatever the fuck she is, and now you are expecting a crazy ass psycho-kinetic telepathic fucking demon spawn?

Someone, please, help me make heads or tails out of this.  Not only were we all confused and shocked by the ending, but we very much felt like we had just gotten fucked...and not in the same way that Alma was fucking Beckett!
    Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GobiasIndustries

We totally could have just avoided playing through the whole game if we would have just let her rape Beckett the first time.

Yeah I agree that ending was insane, and now I have to play FEAR 3 for more demon girl rape. I genuinely don't think the ending made much sense, I wouldn't read into it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jakob187
    GobiasIndustries said:
    "We totally could have just avoided playing through the whole game if we would have just let her rape Beckett the first time.

Yeah I agree that ending was insane, and now I have to play FEAR 3 for more demon girl rape. I genuinely don't think the ending made much sense, I wouldn't read into it."
    That's the thing.  Is she actually pregnant?  Is it all just a load of bullshit?  Was the whole game nothing more than her trying to kill off everyone possible so she could just rape you?  I mean, FUCK!!!  That was a bigger mindfuck for me than watching ANY Noby Noby Boy video that gets posted up!!!

Okay, maybe not THAT much of a mindfuck, but you get what I mean...

Plus, does this mean that Beckett is now a main character that will not change with what looks like it will be the inevitable F.E.A.R. 3?

WHOOOOOOA!!  Shit.  Didn't Alma give birth to the Replicas?!  OMFG!  IS BECKETT'S BABY A REPLICA?!?!!  WTF?!?!?!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
    Tarsier said:
    "calm down now. it's not that crazy."
    IT'S NOT THAT CRAZY?!

ALMA        FUCKED        BECKETT
    WITHOUT       PROTECTION
    AND      GOT      KNOCKED     UP!!!!

It IS that fucking crazy!!!  It's the most random crazy shit that I've ever seen happen in a video game!!!
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By albedos_shadow

Yeah, that kinda freaked me the fuck out too. And that last section on Hard is so frickin frustrating, I was already in a murderous rage when I realized what happened.

luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By luthorcrow

Ya the end sequence on hard was the only time I died repeatedly.   But once I figured out were the trigger points were for Kyle or whatever the jealous suitors name was, I found the trick was was to get to the last cover point before the spawn, wait till your bullet time meter was full and then throw a grenade and then empty a clip.  between the two you usually could take down his replicating super fast duplicates and make it to cover before the next spawn point.  That was actually when I earned the aware for killing four enemies with a nade.

The ending didn't have the emotional impact of the ending of the first game but it was a mind fuck.  I don't think the game could have ended sooner though.  I think Alma needed you in the amplifier for her to get pregnant.  Aristide wanted to trap you and Alama needed the amplifiier for you to impregant her now that she is no longer corporal.    Think of the amplifier as one big fertility psych treatment.

It gets old hearing PCfiles comlain about cross platform games dumbing down games but this is one of the few times I agree.   I played the PC version and all the design changes made to cater to the console market (weaker AI, more ammo, more health, more armor and generally lower difficulty level) hurt the game.  I have no problems with making the Normal game setting weak sauce but the harder settings should get the better AI, etc.

I think for FEAR 3 to be worth playing it needs to do two key things: ramp up the AI and make the environments even more destructable.  Both of those elements are what made the first game so exciting.

The one thing they did do that was by far better than the first game was allow you to jump over railings and flip over cover.  That so frustating in the first game to see the clone soliders do something you couldn't.

doctorbackwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey dude, i was revisiting a childhood game (FEAR 2) and i stumbled upon a post u did 11 years ago, and i see you mentioned you had roomates when playing this. I thought it was pretty cool cause Im in college now and have roomates and i was wondering if you were in college when this game came out? i think its pretty awesome that this would be the game people are playing in college. I wish i oculdve been in college during those times. im just wondering how old you are now, and how was like college back then? i just think its sick that fear 2 came out when u were in college cause i was like 10 when i played it hahal

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not that guy, but I would guess he is 33 because it looks like he just took the 9 out of 1987 in his username. I was also in college 11 years ago. It’s really no big deal. I imagine it is pretty much the same as being in college now (I think?). Btw, that Alma ghost rape scene was a trip. Thanks for digging this thread back up.

doctorbackwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no problem man, im just saying cause evryone in school plays cod now or fornite still maybe but im saying if like FEAR was like the new game that people were playing i just thought it was cool.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Man, all these people talking about FEAR 3 like it's not going to be a complete mess of a game. Not that FEAR 2 is held together all that well, really, but FEAR 3 just falls apart completely.

I still beat it like three times. I have no idea why. Co op was at least fun.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@robertforster: that final scene WAS pretty weird - I’m a FEAR 2 apologist in that I thought it was pretty fun all in all. Didn’t touch FEAR 3..

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FEAR 3 is my favourite in the franchise mostly because it has the best gunplay, and that "F*cking Run" multiplayer mode was neat.
    FEAR 2 is weird, i don't think it holds up brilliantly but it was good for pushing along the Alma story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.