Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

F.3.A.R's story sounds FUCKING BAT SHIT CRAZY!!

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zereta

Someone from NeoGAF got the magazine, PSM3 and there was a feature on F.E.A.R 3 and they decided to summarize the article bits... 

Alma's pregnancy has opened a rift in space and time. Her contractions are causing shockwaves that are fucking up reality like Half Life 2's portal storms. As her labour progresses the contractions will come stronger and more frequently. Point Man is back from the chopper crash in FEAR 1 and has had time to grow out his crewcut into a homeless-man style beard. Paxton Fettel is still psychically possessing Foxtrot 813's body from FEAR 2 Reborn. 

Singleplayer is Point Man only, co-op is Point Man and Fettel. Has a "Generative Scare" system where the Ring/Ju-On style moments are now randomly generated. Fettel can not use weapons but he can stun enemies, suspend them and possess them and can then use their weapons through them. He can also see alternate routes and hidden stashes but the player doesn't have to tell Point Man about them, although the previewers have no idea why you would withold that info. The mechs are still in the game and both brothers get to use them.

Screens looked identical to FEAR 2.    

I'm not that well-versed with the F.E.A.R story. I have played none of the games but know quite a bit about the story regardless but seriously? That sounds like bad fan-fiction gone wrong! 
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By Zereta

Someone from NeoGAF got the magazine, PSM3 and there was a feature on F.E.A.R 3 and they decided to summarize the article bits... 

Alma's pregnancy has opened a rift in space and time. Her contractions are causing shockwaves that are fucking up reality like Half Life 2's portal storms. As her labour progresses the contractions will come stronger and more frequently. Point Man is back from the chopper crash in FEAR 1 and has had time to grow out his crewcut into a homeless-man style beard. Paxton Fettel is still psychically possessing Foxtrot 813's body from FEAR 2 Reborn. 

Singleplayer is Point Man only, co-op is Point Man and Fettel. Has a "Generative Scare" system where the Ring/Ju-On style moments are now randomly generated. Fettel can not use weapons but he can stun enemies, suspend them and possess them and can then use their weapons through them. He can also see alternate routes and hidden stashes but the player doesn't have to tell Point Man about them, although the previewers have no idea why you would withold that info. The mechs are still in the game and both brothers get to use them.

Screens looked identical to FEAR 2.    

I'm not that well-versed with the F.E.A.R story. I have played none of the games but know quite a bit about the story regardless but seriously? That sounds like bad fan-fiction gone wrong! 
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#2  Edited By Jazz

I'm pretty sure the first game was bad fan fiction gone wrong, but hell...its a fun game and storywise it's a step up from Bayonetta. 

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By L33tfella_H
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Edwardryu

well, don't even try to close to her. as soon as you see her, try to stay away from her. if you don't, you will die instantly. I guarantee it 100%. 

Amerist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Amerist

Wow. I watched the video here on Giantbomb showing off the FEAR 3 game play; but that didn't even hint at this sort of bizarre foundations for the story. ξ

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.