Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

F.E.A.R. 3

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By mrangryface

Finished F3 today. Little over 5 hours on recruit, only replayed two of the missions as Fettel. Apparently you get a different ending that isn't actually that different when you finish it with him. The alternate ending is probably more meaningful for a co-op play through. I suspect on a higher difficulty there's fewer game accelerating Rambo moments.

I've read some reviews here n there- and while I wont get into the gameplay complaints because there's plenty of small ones, the complaints leveled at the scare factor of FEAR 3 are kind of interesting....

I personally dont feel this game, with the same story/characters, could have been made scary even under Monolith. What's to be scared of? Youre the product of the big bad in the game- youre a freak of nature and along for the ride this time is an ever bigger freak. WTF is there to be scared of? I mean boiling it down its a game about two dudes and their mom.

So yeah- I doubt the FEAR series will ever provide scares again without a reboot of sorts. In fact, I think a good argument can be made against even FEAR 2's ability to provide scares, a game that instead depended on being just kinda fucked up and disturbing.

Id give this game a C+, cause I liked the gunplay and fairly aggressive AI. Modern Warfare Rail Shooter this is not. Game wasnt scary- visuals were a slight notch above 2- people may have expected a better looking game but I dunno, not every game is Crysis 2.See More

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrangryface

Finished F3 today. Little over 5 hours on recruit, only replayed two of the missions as Fettel. Apparently you get a different ending that isn't actually that different when you finish it with him. The alternate ending is probably more meaningful for a co-op play through. I suspect on a higher difficulty there's fewer game accelerating Rambo moments.

I've read some reviews here n there- and while I wont get into the gameplay complaints because there's plenty of small ones, the complaints leveled at the scare factor of FEAR 3 are kind of interesting....

I personally dont feel this game, with the same story/characters, could have been made scary even under Monolith. What's to be scared of? Youre the product of the big bad in the game- youre a freak of nature and along for the ride this time is an ever bigger freak. WTF is there to be scared of? I mean boiling it down its a game about two dudes and their mom.

So yeah- I doubt the FEAR series will ever provide scares again without a reboot of sorts. In fact, I think a good argument can be made against even FEAR 2's ability to provide scares, a game that instead depended on being just kinda fucked up and disturbing.

Id give this game a C+, cause I liked the gunplay and fairly aggressive AI. Modern Warfare Rail Shooter this is not. Game wasnt scary- visuals were a slight notch above 2- people may have expected a better looking game but I dunno, not every game is Crysis 2.See More

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.