Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

No co-op matches on the PC?

Avatar image for spikeddeception
    SpikedDeception

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpikedDeception

I swear, everytime I try to play co-op on the PC version, I get no matches whatsoever. I managed to find one ONCE, and I was disconnected halfway through.

Even the multiplayer, I can find two matches going at any one time on a good day.

Is the game THAT terrible on the PC that no one is playing co-op?

Jangowuzhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Jangowuzhere

It is the top seller on Steam at the moment. Might be something on your end.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By Mnemoidian

Spent about an hour trying to play co-op with a friend on the PC version last night, opening ports... Unable to connect.

Had a couple of random people join my game while I was tinkering, but, no luck getting my friend into the game.

I've been unable to find a technical forum, but I've seen some reference to a "patch that will fix the lobby", and "wait to play co-op until after the patch" on various fan sites. But not seen any "official" mention of a patch, or what the time line for it is.

Very disappointing, was really looking forward to going through the campaign playing co-op.

Seems like a recent trend, several "big" games unable to get co-op working on PC; Splinter Cell: Conviction comes to mind...

Avatar image for spikeddeception
    SpikedDeception

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SpikedDeception

Oh, don't get me started about Conviction...

But anywho, thanks for the input guys. I suppose I should wait for this patch before trying again. Here's hoping it's out soon, eh?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.