Worst boss fight this year?

#1 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I liked FEAR 3 quite a bit while playing it but I wonder if FEAR3 has perhaps the worst boss fight this year if not this generation, maybe I did something wrong I didn't check a guide or anything but hey it's a first person shooter your options are pretty limited I guess. Anyway I spent like 10 minutes or maybe even 15 didn't really clock it but it felt like 50 hours shooting this thing in the face constantly while strafing left then right then left then right, then stop take cover headshot 3 dudes pick up weapons rinse repeat. Did anyone else really hate the last boss or was it just me?

#2 Edited by Shard (106 posts) -

I think all you need to do is shoot it 3 times when the mouth is open and showing the bright light, slo-mo helps at this point. I died numerous times during this fight and I didn't have a clue what was hurting me, I'll be full gunz blazing and then dead.

#3 Posted by Evilsbane (4592 posts) -

Not bragging because I really disliked the game but I took this dude down in record time shoot the glowly purple spot, Freeze time shoot the 3 soldiers, dead in less than 30secs.

#4 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

I actually liked it quite a lot, it seemed pretty obvious that you needed to shoot the glowing section IMO. Although there was a couple of times where it didn't work, perhaps you just got really really unlucky.

#5 Posted by mrangryface (775 posts) -

SHOOT THE CORE!

#6 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

The boss fight was pretty simple to me.though that last level in general could have been much better. 

#7 Edited by MEATBALL (3192 posts) -

It wasn't really a good boss, but not because it was particularly broken or hard. Shoot the glowing spot a few times, kill enemies, rinse, repeat.

#8 Posted by kerse (2111 posts) -

I don't even remember the last boss, I was so disappointed by this game. The ai for the most part was fun to fight against but thats not why I play fear games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.