Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

Wow Fear 3 is pretty damn Fun.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

So far I'm having a pretty good time playing it .I'm on chapter 3 playing it on fearless mode and kicking ass.The game is fast pace and challenging.Shooting up enemies while chaining together Melee attacks is satisfying. The weapons feels great and powerful,and I like the visuals and design. You can also unlock some upgrades to point-man the more you play the game. So far I've unlock the ability to slide attack and I increased my weapons capacity.The game isn't scary so far but there is alot of ACTION!

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By kmg90
    Yeah it doesn't feel one bit like the first and heck even the 2nd was more creepy at points. The game is great if you can forget that is it's a fear game... If this post shows up weird I'm posting from my iDevice and safari doesn't recognize the reply field as a form but I can still type it via inserting HTML apparently..
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I've been having a good time with it as well. Haven't played a ton of the campaign - I'm a little bit into the second Interval - but the multiplayer is a hell of a good time. Soul King might be my favorite mode so far.

I also gotta say that this game has some of the smoothest shooting mechanics I've seen in an FPS in a long time. Aiming is quick and responsive, and all of the guns are satisfying to shoot.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

From what I've seen of the videos, the shooting looks so satisfying. I'm gonna go pick this game up tomorrow.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bybeach

ALL THOSE DOOM AND GLOOMERS! Fear 3 will suck donkey tits. Fear 3 will be bad. Blahblah blahblah. Only bad thing about Fear 3 right now for me is that UPS usually doesn't get here till evening. And the 20.00 from Amazon promotions is going to knock down the cost of Shadows of the Damned. This is really working out!

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By theoldhouse

Really need some of these games from june to go down in price I want all of them yet have bought none.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bybeach

Just got it!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic
    @OneKillWonder said:

I've been having a good time with it as well. Haven't played a ton of the campaign - I'm a little bit into the second Interval - but the multiplayer is a hell of a good time. Soul King might be my favorite mode so far.

I also gotta say that this game has some of the smoothest shooting mechanics I've seen in an FPS in a long time. Aiming is quick and responsive, and all of the guns are satisfying to shoot.

I agree,the shooting mechanics works very well in this game.I felt like a badass shooting the hell out of soldiers in Slow-mo.Watching them getting plugged with bullets is fun.I'm so glad that I gave this game a chance.After playing that disappointing Duke Nukem forever game.This game gave me my money's worth.
    StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StingingVelvet

It's fun. It's pretty average though, in my opinion. I'm only two levels in though.

Not to sound like Mr. PC Elitist, but the original FEAR showed why PC-focused FPS games are so good. To have FEAR 2 and now FEAR 3 both dial that back and become console shooters is kind of a bummer. That said I enjoyed FEAR 2 a lot anyway, it had great levels and good action. FEAR 3 so far seems to lack good level design and it looks pretty ugly, but I will stick with it.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By maskedarcstrike
    @StingingVelvet: I hear what your saying about the visuals, but also remember the first game had much more enclosed spaces for fighting areas so they could focus on the visuals.  You were mainly fighting in office spaces, reception areas and sometimes an open vestibule.  While I won't argue the visuals were tone back to accommodate environments that are more open for consoles.  It just what it is, FEAR 3 gets better after the the 3rd interval though.

I just finished the game on solo campaign and I have to say what I love is how they change up the pacing with different enemy types, which doesn't really happen until the 4th stage.  

As far as the solo campaign goes I really liked it, and playing again as Paxton is DRASTICALLY different as playing as the point man but in a good way.
    hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hoossy
    @falserelic:  
    can you weigh in on the co op?  Cause I might be interested in at least renting it for that reason alone. 

My buddy and I have been on a co op kick the last week.  Portal 2, Splinter Cell, Gears of War 2, and now maybe Fear 3....
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Do bullets shred every section of the environment? Is blood vibrant and cartoony? Do the guns have recoil and weight? Do guns release vicious muzzle flares?

If so, it isn't FEAR.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Zippedbinders

I know this is about FEAR 3, but I've recently gone back and tried to finish FEAR 2 and I am just not enjoying any part of that game. The shooting feels clunky and slow, a lot of the set piece stuff makes for some great moments, but I don't like trudging through some of the blandest shooting ever to get to them. I'm not trying to hate on it, I love NOLF and I desperately want to like this game, but I just got past the part where you have to take out a bunch of snipers and a tank who are attacking one of your squadmates, and man, I don't want to play any more of it.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StingingVelvet

@maskedarcstrike: I'm not really talking about visuals, more about the fast-paced and extremely agile combat. We don't see that much anymore with consoles dictating the speed of aiming and such.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By falserelic
    @hoossy: I haven't had the chance to play co-op yet.But from what I've heard from people,Co-op is very enjoyable.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By falserelic
    @Tru3_Blu3: The blood doesn't look cartoony.The environments are pretty destructible for most part.The weapons feels great and sounds powerful,and overall its a great action game.Horror wise this game isn't scary at all.So if your a Fear fan you'll probably be abit disappointed.
    Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bombs_Away

Just thought I'd slightly hijack this thread for a moment. Are FEAR 1 and 2 worth playing (360 versions)? They are just those type of games that I'm always thinking about getting but there always seems to be something else a bit better around. So are they worth getting or have I missed that particular train?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Sell me on this game! Any video reviews or good Lets Play videos or anything?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By falserelic
    @Bombs_Away: At the price their at now both games are worth checking out.You'll have fun playing through both of them.The single-player campaigns are a decent length,and are fun to play through.  
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By falserelic
    @Ahmad_Metallic:   
      Here's ign review if you need help deciding picking this game.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By napalm

I'm not sure whether I like the "cover system" or not.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By falserelic
    @Napalm: The cover system works well in the game.After playing the game for a few minutes you'll get use to it.Shooting in and out of cover run's smooth.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Edwardryu

what the funny thing is that you can even practice MP mode which never happened before. even what is good? you can get more score from that practice. how awesome it is!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By Sooperspy

Me and my cousin are on the second interval....not very far, but we are loving the game. Picking up a guy and jump kicking him in slo-mo is the greatest thing ever.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bybeach

My take after 45 minutes in, I agree with Ryan that this isn't the Fear I remember, but dammit, playing this on casual or whatever is NOT the way to go. And I will say this too, I'm having a pretty damned fucking good time behind it. And the most important critism of Ryan I would wish to contest, No Mr. Davis, there IS more than one voice actor for Armachan soldiers..hell, there must be three or so. In Fear 1 the was only one as I remember(He just chewed through my whole squad!) time and time again. But I even heard an individual of Afro- American ancestery I would swear..and they are supposed to be clones. I'm enjoying this I think I would say, more than I really should. Good.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Yanngc33
    @falserelic do you feel that the game is more focused on multiplayer than the others
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bybeach

Also to add, PC rocks.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By niamahai

did they ever mention the horrible/wonderful rape @ the end of FEAR2?

Paxton : "Momma when and rape some poor guy. Now we got a us a lil bro, bro! YEEEE-HAAAAAWWW"

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By TanoPrime
    @Ahmad_Metallic:  

I have some playthroughs in my blog.  It'll at least show you what the 1st and some of the 3rd stage are about.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By falserelic
    @Yanngc33: It does seem like they focus more on multiplayer.It has co-op,you can rank up your character and unlock perks.The single player is like 6 to 8 hours long on solo.But on co-op it can be beaten around 4 hours.Then you have those unique multiplayer game modes where you have to work as a team.Overall fear 3 is a pretty fun action game.But if your a fear fan hoping for this to be like the first game,you'll be disappointed.
    jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By jimi

My only issue is it isn't scary at all.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By csl316

The core gunplay just feels so damn good. Nice to actually have some accuracy when not shooting through the sights. I thought Fear 2 lost a bit of the tight gameplay of the original (but made that up with a great campaign), but this just makes shooting fun as hell.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By falserelic
    @csl316: I agree shooting the weapons feels aswome in this game.Playing online,shooting the hell out of enemies soldiers on fucking run mode was tight.
    Moonling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Moonling

Just wanna chime in and say this game is pretty awesome so far. Shame that so many people seem to have made their minds up about it without giving it a chance, though.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By falserelic
    @Moonling: yeah,alot people won't even give this game a chance.It may not be the Fear that people was hoping for.But its still is a pretty solid shooter.
    TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By TheBlackPigeon
    @niamahai

Hoo-boy, do they ever.  Let's just say somebody isn't very happy about it.
    Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Maclintok

Good to see people enjoying the game.  Despite Ryan's 2-star review, the QL he did with Vinnie lead me to believe the game is a really fun, solid-in-fundamentals FPS. 

It seems like the consensus around the multiplayer modes is they are the best thing about FEAR 3.  Are there are lot of players online this first week?  I may wait a week or two before grabbing this. I just don't want to be greeted with a ghost town a month down the road.  Although who I am kidding, this is normally the fate of any online game that is not in the top 10 of most played on Xbox Live...

Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Maclintok
    @Moonling said:

Just wanna chime in and say this game is pretty awesome so far. Shame that so many people seem to have made their minds up about it without giving it a chance, though.

Unfortunately game development is about 75% marketing these days and 25% substance.  Now that isn't to say that FEAR 3 is some ground-breaking work of digital art.  It's... a shooter, right?  But it just seems like it's being held to some very high standards that other games are not likewise held up to.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By falserelic
    @Maclintok: Its pretty easy to get into a match in fear 3.But trying to find a co-op partner can be annoying.As soon as I get into a Co-Op gameroom the person leaves or doesn't start the match.
    Neurotic_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Neurotic_X

I think it's a solid game.  This time around, it's all about action and shooting though and much less fear factor.  Which is pretty sad.  I prefer less action and more scares, but that's me.  The graphics look outdated.  The very well done artistic design and atmosphere is hampered by the game's engine.  It's a worthy pick-up at $30 or less.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By emem

I played a few parts and watched a friend play through most of it on the PC and the shooting feels great. As a FPS alone it's a fantastic game (better than Crysis 2) and that really shows in the multiplayer, imho.

Oh and it's also pretty hard.. watching Ryan Davis play the game made me wonder how he was able to play the way he did. Then I rewinded back to the start of the video and saw that he played it on easy.. slowing time is essential, because the enemies are really fast and some are damn tough, especially the dudes later on with the blue force fields.

I also played about half an hour as Fettel and loved it. As soon as it's cheaper on steam I will definitely get it, too.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By falserelic

I didn't have that much trouble playing the game.There are a few levels that are abit difficult ,but I used slow-mo,cover, grenades and melee attacks to the best of my advantage.Playing the game as Fettel was a breeze I beat it in insane mode in one day as him. He's so goddamn powerful and fun to play as.Once you learn how to use him and found out what he's capable of.The game becomes pretty easy.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43  Edited By JTB123

I absolutely loved it, shooting is smooth and responsive, the weapons are a blast to use, it shows that a cover system can be done well in a FPS, the challenge system is great and the difficulty is fair for the most part. 

My only problem was that the campaign was really short, my first playthrough was just over 4 hours and because of the quality I would have liked more.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By falserelic
    @JTB123: I agree about the campaign it is short.I was hoping for it to be abit longer.When I was playing on hard mode it took me 6 hours to beat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.