Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez II

Game » consists of 0 releases.

The cancelled sequel to the original Fez.

Fez 2 cancelled because Phil Fish threw a tamper tantrum.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishinfoulux
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And here's a bit of the exchange that led to these events.

No Caption Provided

We all know he'll uncancel the game when his little fit is over with, but this is just hilarious to me. The battle of two jack asses (Marcus and Fish). Whoever wins...we lose. And people defend this guy.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By connerthekewlkid

Is this really happening?

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I'm really afraid this is all going to end with Fish committing suicide or something. Dude can be brash and opinionated, but dude gets attacked a lot.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JouselDelka

that dude need to relax

Dude can be brash and opinionated, but dude gets attacked a lot.

Out of curiosity, what does he get attacked about? Isn't he some lone wolf dude who made one sidescrolling puzzler in his career? How and why exactly is such a person subject to attacks?

If this was a big time AAA developer with angry fans or disgusted journalists, it would make more sense.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Itwastuesday

@captain_felafel said:

I'm really afraid this is all going to end with Fish committing suicide or something. Dude can be brash and opinionated, but dude gets attacked a lot.

Yeah. This OP doesn't really go into the root cause of this whole thing, which was a Gametrailers video in which Marcus Beer (the "Annoyed Gamer"... I'll let you figure out his shtick) called Phil Fish and Jonathan Blow "fucking hipsters" because they didn't give interviews to every outlet. In fact, this OP doesn't go into much at all!

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

He might make a good game but he needs to grow up. It's like he's not all mentally there sometimes, jesus.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lockwoodx

Personally I love Phil. He's a straight shooter with too much talent than any one personal can handle on their own which causes him no end of stress from everyone else pressuring him to deliver.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably kinda messed up but I have a soft spot for tragic suicides, so it would leave me feeling good about him in a sad way.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

O_O

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll wait for someone to write up something on what the fuck just happened there. I hate trying to sift through twitter drama because the whole story is never out in the open.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

which is weird cause I was considering buying Fez off steam but was always like "yeah but do I want to give money to this asshole?" and uh....yeah

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fuck Video Games

I think he figured it out.

BazookaXp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BazookaXp

@itwastuesday said:

@captain_felafel said:

Yeah. This OP doesn't really go into the root cause of this whole thing, which was a Gametrailers video in which Marcus Beer (the "Annoyed Gamer"... I'll let you figure out his shtick) called Phil Fish and Jonathan Blow "fucking hipsters" because they didn't give interviews to every outlet. In fact, this OP doesn't go into much at all!

You need to rewatch the video, Marcus was saying that Johnathan Blow and Phil Fish shouldn't get mad because outlets want their opinions and that they should respect the fact that these outlets care about what they say.

Nautical termsMemory Alpha: In the nautical tradition of Earth, the various service organizations throughout the galaxy engage in the usage of nautical terms to apply traditional sea-going references to modern starship operations.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Go Phil. Dude's a rock star in terms of personality. He's brutally honest and sometimes he can be an asshole for it. He's lucky enough to be in a position to where he doesn't have to take shit from some surly Brit who often goes off half-cocked on anything and everything.

Maybe this is a tantrum, maybe he's really done with games. I wouldn't blame him considering the amount of shit he gets for opening his mouth.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mystyr_e said:

which is weird cause I was considering buying Fez off steam but was always like "yeah but do I want to give money to this asshole?" and uh....yeah

You base your support for video games on whether their makers are nice or jerks?

So you'd rather support a cinematic unimaginative 'experience' with rehashed gameplay because the developer is a kind person, than to support a fresh and bold title with replay value and new gameplay because the dev is a dick?

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lockwoodx

lol people say the same thing about me on my regular gaming site evilavatar.com but I don't mind being the "MMO tank" of interweb forums. The "taunt" button is an art form all in itself.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@jouseldelka said:

@mystyr_e said:

You base your support for video games on whether their makers are nice or jerks?

So you'd rather support a cinematic unimaginative 'experience' with rehashed gameplay because the developer is a kind person, than to support a fresh and bold title with replay value and new gameplay because the dev is a dick?

He never said hed buy the game if it was bad and the dev was nice.

BazookaXp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go Phil. Dude's a rock star in terms of personality. He's brutally honest and sometimes he can be an asshole for it. He's lucky enough to be in a position to where he doesn't have to take shit from some surly Brit who often goes off half-cocked on anything and everything.

Maybe this is a tantrum, maybe he's really done with games. I wouldn't blame him considering the amount of shit he gets for opening his mouth.

Yeah "Go Phil".

Let's ignore the fact that he told Marcus that he should kill himself on twitter.

http://i.imgur.com/xPu9fff.png

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kishinfoulux

Maybe he should stop saying dumb things then?

@captain_felafel said:

I only posted what I posted mainly because those images were made available and honestly it's the most important part anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-63da6af5022c5
    deactivated-63da6af5022c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rest of Polytron are not having a great day today, I presume.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bazookaxp: Phil went overboard in his response absolutely but Marcus's little rant was just as immature an unprofessional. Hipster tosspot blah blah blah. I know that's his shtick but honestly I'm getting so tired of the 'angry edgy' personality it's so tired. Neither side is in the right here. Marcus acted like a dick and Phil went way overboard.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'll wait for someone to write up something on what the fuck just happened there. I hate trying to sift through twitter drama because the whole story is never out in the open.

Couple days ago when the whole 'MS is letting people self-publish' rumor was flying around, game news sites (polygon, etc) asked Phil Fish and Jon Blow for comment. They declined.

Then yesterday on Invisible Walls (a podcast/video thing over at gametrailers.com) Marcus Beer called them "fucking hipsters" and "toss pots" for declining to comment.

Fish asked (in typical Fish fashion) for an apology from Beer. Beer responded by offering an interview where he could "explain himself" or whatever.

Fish said, "fuck that, I'm out".

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Phil should delete his twitter account and ignore his haters... he would be much happier.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Great! I was not going to play it anyway nor was I going to play the first one!

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What? Phil Fish is pulling a publicity stunt? Well this is a surprise.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon said:

Yeah "Go Phil".

Let's ignore the fact that he told Marcus that he should kill himself on twitter.

Wow, that's some Scorched Earth shit right there. If you don't see how someone like Phil Fish is wildly entertaining then I don't think you've been on the Internet very long. Either that or you're Marcus.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

@jouseldelka said:

@mystyr_e said:

He never said hed buy the game if it was bad and the dev was nice.

no I didn't. And not sure why it's an issue, many people don't want to get involved with doing something because they don't care for the attitude of the creator.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

The battle of two jack asses (Marcus and Fish).

Damn it. Now I'm imagining a fishing show set in that boat level in Gears 2. YOU KNOW YOU'D WATCH IT.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PeasantAbuse

This is all so embarrassing why are these grown men acting like children D:

edit: Also annoyed gamer, angry gamer, mad gamer, whatever. Fuck all these turds, what a shitty gimmick.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Niceanims
    DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phil Fish is one of my favourite people in this whole industry. I've never played Fez, but it sucks that he's cancelled the sequel.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bazookaxp said:

@oldirtybearon said:

Yeah "Go Phil".

Wow, that's some Scorched Earth shit right there. If you don't see how someone like Phil Fish is wildly entertaining then I don't think you've been on the Internet very long. Either that or you're Marcus.

Hes entertaining for his e-drama but he himself is not.

BazookaXp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bazookaxp: Phil went overboard in his response absolutely but Marcus's little rant was just as immature an unprofessional. Hipster tosspot blah blah blah. I know that's his shtick but honestly I'm getting so tired of the 'angry edgy' personality it's so tired. Neither side is in the right here. Marcus acted like a dick and Phil went way overboard.

Marcus's rant was no where near as immature and unprofessional as telling someone they should kill themselves and even telling off a customer.

http://i.imgur.com/hH4R0P1.png

Even more considering the unfortunate incident on Giant Bomb that the community would even defend a guy who told someone to commit suicide.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Bollard

@captain_felafel: Shit I hadn't even considered that, now I'm even more concerned.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're both assholes personally. Regardless of what Marcus said you ignore it and move on. He's seeking attention and Phil gave it to him in a big way. Marcus probably has a shit eating grin on right now. Also telling someone to kill them self is never cool.

@turboman said:

Phil should delete his twitter account and ignore his haters... he would be much happier.

I'm pretty sure he locked his account so for now he's off Twitter.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Willza92

My understanding is that Marcus Beer (Annoyed Gamer) had a rant on the invisibles walls podcast calling Phil Fish and Jonathan Blow tosspots for getting pissed off about being asked for comment on Xbox Ones Indie policies or whatever. Phil responded via twitter and seems to be taking a lot of flack. The guy has a voice, an opinion and a soapbox. He uses all three and gets shit for it. Cancelling FEZ II seems a little rash but if as of this time Phil Fish wants nothing to do with this industry, who can blame him?

The vocal minority complains about Fish, creating the impression that no one wants him around. Of course he is going to leave. It's a shame because he is a very bright individual who is not afraid to speak his mind, unfortunately in this industry where everything is PR and keeping face, the idea of a "loose cannon" garners bad press quickly and so the easy opinion to latch onto is that Phil Fish is an arsehole.

Heres a secret: everyone on the internet is a tosspot. Roll with punches, Phil. Trust me, in the end, it'll be you who is laughing his way to the bank.

Then again, thats just my opinion.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcus's rant was no where near as immature and unprofessional as telling someone they should kill themselves and even telling off a customer.

Even more considering the unfortunate incident on Giant Bomb that the community would even defend a guy who told someone to commit suicide.

Invoking Ryan's death is a pretty shitty thing to do in a situation where two grown men are hurling insults at each other.

Really, really shitty.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allow me to be the first to say "lol."

BazookaXp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BazookaXp

@kishinfoulux said:

@thesoutherndandy said:

I think they're both assholes personally. Regardless of what Marcus said you ignore it and move on. He's seeking attention and Phil gave it to him in a big way. Marcus probably has a shit eating grin on right now. Also telling someone to kill them self is never cool.

@turboman said:

I'm pretty sure he locked his account so for now he's off Twitter.

I completely agree Fish should've just shrugged it off and ignored Marcus.

@oldirtybearon said:

@bazookaxp said:

Invoking Ryan's death is a pretty shitty thing to do in a situation where two grown men are hurling insults at each other.

Really, really shitty.

All I was saying is that we suffered a great loss and the entire gaming community suffered a great loss so I think it's extremely messed up to see someone imply that someone should kill themselves on twitter over a dumb rant.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesoutherndandy said:

Are you implying Ryan killed himself?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Niceanims

@bazookaxp: Did you even see what he said on that video? Yeah, Phil overreacted, but Marcus is no professional.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inb4 patrick writes an article about the 'internet hate machine' causing this.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

There are people who genuinely think this man is improving the industry.

BazookaXp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BazookaXp

@rebgav:

@itwongo said:

@bazookaxp: Did you even see what he said on that video? Yeah, Phil overreacted, but Marcus is no professional.

Of course I watched the video and I'm not defending Marcus
    @artelinarose said:

@bazookaxp said:

@thesoutherndandy said:

Are you implying Ryan killed himself?

Not at all.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

*stares* *blinks* I take a shower, and this is what happens?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jimmyfenix

I love this industry.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bazookaxp: dude if you're really gonna bring up Ryan as a way of justifying your opinion on these two acting like children you can seriously screw right off

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Didn't Phil Fish quit twitter and social networking for awhile while developing Fez? He should learn from that experience and either take comments with a grain of salt or quit social media all together and just hire a pr representative.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.