Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

400%+ completion on leaderboards? Is there more to the game?

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KyleSellers

I've finally made it through Fez, and am checking the forums for the third time (the first was for the security question solution and the second was for the "black monolith" solution... both after several hours of trying to figure them out on my own) and noticed that few people are discussing the leaderboards.

There are several people with over 400% completion, without even gaining 200 gamerscore in some cases, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how. Do you need to replay the game in stereoscopic mode or something? I see that at least a few people have glitched and ended up with an extra cube or something, but how could anyone possibly get every cube twice?

Also, I'm really kicking myself for not checking the forums sooner (or paying attention to what Vin said on the Bombcast)... knowing about the "special ability" in new game plus would have saved me SO much time. Especially in the rising laval level which took me over an hour because I platform like a one thumbed chimpanzee.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Green_Incarnate

They're using a glitch to gain more percentage.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There is a glitch with one of the anti-cubes (isn't that what they're called?) where you can collect the same cube again and again boosting your completion percentage.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By onan

@KyleSellers: That level was the most challenging thing in the game. I'm kind of glad I didn't know about the cheat until later, I would have been too tempted to skip it along with the sense of "F--K YEAH!" accomplishment that went with conquering it.

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KyleSellers

@onan said:

@KyleSellers: That level was the most challenging thing in the game. I'm kind of glad I didn't know about the cheat until later, I would have been too tempted to skip it along with the sense of "F--K YEAH!" accomplishment that went with conquering it.

Yes sir... it's the one level where the imprecise platforming controls actually became an issue. Then I finally got to the top and the platform i was standing on glitched and I fell through into the lava before I could jump to the door. Luckily it restarted right before the floating platform section and not all the way at the bottom. I might have cried.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By alexpiercey

If that ant-cube glitch is repeatable, wouldn't there be at least one person with, like, 1000%?

patronics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By patronics

Has anyone actually gotten confirmation from the 400% people that they're using the glitch? I keep seeing this repeated around the webs but nobody has a source.

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KyleSellers

@patronics: I sent messages to a few people on the leaderboards and none of them responded.

patronics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By patronics
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#10  Edited By Brackynews

If: Leaderboards

Then: HAX

Limbo's is exactly the same kind of borked. Though the method is not the same.

Too many games have this kind of issue for them to claim ignorance. If you have a cap, hardcode the damn cap. It's not the service's job to fix your numbers.

(And I say this as someone with over 200.6% on one of my SOTN saves, but that's my PS1. :)

Taz332fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have to my knowlege completed every area with a gold trim and i have 209.4%, also i have not cheated or glitched so the only theorie i have is something to do with the 3 red hearts. although i could be completly wrong so don't try too hard at the hearts.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

i have to my knowlege completed every area with a gold trim and i have 209.4%, also i have not cheated or glitched so the only theorie i have is something to do with the 3 red hearts. although i could be completly wrong so don't try too hard at the hearts.

So you do realize this thread is over a year old right?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@taz332fly said:

So you do realize this thread is over a year old right?

Well, some new secrets have surfaced pretty recently. Its so complicated that I dont feel like explaining it. Just go to the fez section of reddit

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.