Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

A Baka and His Blog 1/24/15: All Fez'd Out

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By baka_shinji17
    Exactly how Fez made me feel.
    Exactly how Fez made me feel.

Fez broke me.

Actually, it didn't really break me, I just realized I had finally reached my limits.

I don't recall what initially drew me to Fez. It just looked like another platformer. Vaguely, I was aware of their being some whole other layer to the game. But, I truly had no idea what I was in for.

First of all; I really liked how the game was so relaxed and mellow. Being able to go at my own pace and just enjoy the sights and great music was fun by itself. I've always been a fan of collect-a-thon platformers and Fez is now one of my favorites.

When I look at the numerous notes I took, I can see that I was on the verge of a solution. It just seemed that I was over-thinking and making things more complex than they needed to be. I had gotten fairly far in decoding the numbers, but didn't bother trying to figure out the alphabet. I looked it up. Still, the fact that this was an essential part of the game is awesome. It's really fascinating to think of the the sheer amount of thought that went into incorporating all these elements. I realize now how all of the clues were there from the very beginning. All that it really would have taken was some patience and logical thinking to figure out.

I don't feel that having looked up answers lessened my experience with Fez. I had a great time platforming, collecting cubes and being able to figure out the simpler puzzles. Hell, even accidentally solving something felt good.

So in short; Fez was awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.