Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Awful load times?

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Anyone else experiencing really bad load times with Fez? I watched the quick look and my load times are painfully, noticeably worse. In particular, the effect where you go through a door and it 'zooms' to the next area, when I play it has to break into a load screen. Also there was one area there were a bunch of doors that led to tiny little rooms and going back and forth between them and the main area was a 10+ second load each time. This is on a fat 360 and I've only played the game once so I don't know if restarting would help... Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Figured I should edit this to say that the load time issues tend to crop up when playing for over two hours or so straight, and restarting the game/system seems to fix it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

How long has your play session been? It seems like there must be some sort of memory leak in the game that's causing it get bogged down the longer you play. When I initially start playing, the loads are farily quick and smooth, but the longer I play the worse the load times get.

Try exiting to the dashboard and then coming back. Possibly clear your cache or restart your Xbox if that doesn't work.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Chaser324: Yeah, that makes sense. Hopefully it'll be better next time I play.
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JasonR86

I haven't noticed poor load times at all.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HotSauceMagik

Yeah I played for about 2.5 hours yesterday and but the end, nearly everything was stuttery and every door I went through would zoom to the next island (or whatever they are) then jump to a load screen. It was pretty smooth when I started the game, but that was my only play session so far so I'll check back tonight and see if its good again.

Supercancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Supercancer

I've played for about four hours or so, and I have noticed that the transitions between screens are beginning to stutter a bit (and crash all over the place).

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By onan

@SuperfluousMoniker: Try unplugging any USB drives you might have plugged in, that's been causing trouble with a bunch of games.

Avatar image for stephenthechicken
    Stephenthechicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stephenthechicken

I was playing today and it hung on one of the loading screens for over a minute. I thought the 360 had crashed so I pushed the guide button just to check and the game screen changed to the pause menu. Closed the dash and viola, game magically loaded. It was pretty weird...

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tan

Maan, I feel as though I should wait for the inevitable steam release...

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By efman

It's all deliberate man! :) But yes, lots of chugging and framerate drops between the transitioning of nodes. Isn't there a patch incoming or is it just hearsay? Phil Fish's twitter feed hasn't been active lately, so no word on that from what I can tell.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By LegalBagel

The game is definitely rough if you play for an extended period of time. I've had lots of long load times, stuttering and framerate drops, and a couple crashes, all after I've been playing for a while. When I went to a graphics-intensive place after a couple hours I thought my Xbox was going to explode. This game is more taxing on the system than most retail games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.