Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Did most people not use faqs and walkthroughs?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#1  Edited By wumbo3000

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I'm astounded that people can seem to figure out the alphabet, numbers, and codes without using walkthroughs. The alphabet might be the easiest of all three because "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" is a really popular saying, but how do people even get the thought, "Hm, maybe I should translate this." And how do you even know the symbols in the classroom signify numbers? Like, where do people even get that intuition? And why do you have to tilt the tetrominos to the left 90 degrees? Are all these question answered in the game through hints and clues? Maybe I'm just really stupid, BUT THIS GAME IS BLOWING MY MIND RIGHT NOW.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Lokno

I did it all that without walkthroughs, although I admit it was hard and took some time. I personally wanted to translate the alphabet because I was stuck and didn't know where do go. It never really helped with that, though, turns out I had missed a door. The number system has a pretty strong clue on a classroom wall, and the step where you tilt the tetrominos is also described on a wall.

king0fprussia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By king0fprussia

I solved the alphabet myself, mostly because I felt otherwise stuck and because I had a strong intuition on what the vowels were. The satisfaction of reading the alphabet after figuring it out on your own is incredible.

I got most of the numbers on my own (used the "numbered" treasure maps as a clue) and then felt stuck so I confirmed on the Internet. And there were one or two puzzles I looked for help on, mostly because I knew what information I needed but wasn't sure how to use it.

All that said, I haven't decoded/looked up the Tome and the Black Monolith stuff yet. That's all I have left.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WMWA

I looked up the numbers and the monolith stuff. I actually got the alphabet by myself, though. Made me feel more intelligent than all 4 years of college combined

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By oraknabo

I had a Ninja Turtles comic in 1990 that took place in Egypt and I figured out that the hieroglyphs in the backgrounds were all Batman jokes. Fez was made for people like me.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HerbieBug

I had the gist of the tetris codes but couldn't puzzle out the fact that you had to rotate to use them correctly.  No chance on the letters and numbers, I do not have that kind of disposable time.  Used the handy consolidated chart that is up on gamefaqs. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.