Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Do I have to manually translate everything by hand?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By golguin

I got the kill screen and decided it was time to translate the language. I used the "quick brown fox" block in the forest and created my alphabet translation on photoshop. I tested it out on the intro dialogue by the Haxehedron and I worked out, "hi there how are you i will be your hexahedron today". It was a lot more time consuming than I had imagined and there is still more stuff it was saying.

Is there something I will eventually find in the game that will make stuff legible or will I have to translate everything I want to translate by hand? I took pictures of the language in different parts of the world hoping that it would reveal something relevant, but it would be really devious if important info is utter by some random character or some random wall.

barbed_haywire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By barbed_haywire

I've almost finished (only have 3 cubes to go) and so far none of it is legible...I've had to translate it all manually.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Phoenix778m

All manual. Unless someone has translated it somewhere.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

Yes. Like people used to do, there is a lot that simply has to be worked out by hand.

Have fun! :)

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By golguin

That's unfortunate. Two random photos I've translated since my first post read as "where did you come from" and a sign saying "watch our for black holes". I guess I'll only need to use it when I see words in a question mark room.

Now to figure out the number system. The dot, line, square, and double square each corresponding to symbols kinda reminds me of the black ops zombie map shangri la. There was a little number puzzle in one of the steps where the marks stood for numbers and you had to figure their values in order to add up the correct numbers. Looking through my photos it looks like this might go along a similar thing. Am I warm in that regard?

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Jrinswand

OP, you should really put spoiler tags on your post. I didn't want to know what was actually written on the hexahedron.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#7  Edited By Brackynews

@golguin: Spoiler tags in your posts would be courteous, since you didn't put it in the title.

There is a "classroom" with the core component of the number system, then elsewhere there are clues on how to extrapolate that to base ten. Multiple glyphs can mean the same thing.

And yes, possessing artifacts does not automatically translate anything. If this game gets a PC port, count on someone making a mod for it. ;)

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HerbieBug

It would have been a nice feature to give the player an auto-translation device once you've demonstrated to the game that you have deciphered the alphabet.  It's asking a lot of the player's time to continue manual translation even after the code has been cracked.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By golguin

@Brackynews said:

@golguin: Spoiler tags in your posts would be courteous, since you didn't put it in the title.

There is a "classroom" with the core component of the number system, then elsewhere there are clues on how to extrapolate that to base ten. Multiple glyphs can mean the same thing.

And yes, possessing artifacts does not automatically translate anything. If this game gets a PC port, count on someone making a mod for it. ;)

I have found some stuff that I assume is related to the numbers and the tetris like lines of the code in the world.

No Caption Provided

I don't know if I could deduce the system with that, but I am doing another run through of each area translating stuff and photographing stuff that seems important.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Dude, get your Fez Secret Fish Decoder Ring(tm)! Then you just point it at the screen the words will magically appear on your toilet paper within 8 hours.

TrottyVek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By TrottyVek

@golguin: just got thru my first play-through and out of everything i've translated only one has been useful in giving help in puzzles

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.