Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Everyone translated the alphabet SIDEWAYS! Proof. (and SPOILERS)

Tommy_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tommy_Gun
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Brackynews

Uhm, top-bottom right-left is how formal Japanese (and other asian languages) is written. Pretty common for ideograms. Yes the irony runs deep. :)

Also the full zoom view of images on GB isn't compressed, but thanks for linking us to your blog anyway, I guess?

And I've said it before... not every single tablet code needs to be rotated 90 degrees in order to input it. Just works out better. Anyway, this may work out better for some too. Keep throwing the little grey cells at it...

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jking47

Yeah, thats how quite a few languages do it, I don't get what your trying to say here...

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Robo

This thought crossed my mind when a fellow bomber was having trouble with our tips on the security question solution. I kind of initially wrote it off that he had been deciphering the alphabet sideways, but when I thought about it further I also considere maybe WE were the ones that were doing it wrong. I mean it was never really a guarantee that this system followed similar rules to Japanese, that's just what we assumed.

The good news is the only thing this really made slightly more difficult was that Metatron puzzle.

Tommy_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tommy_Gun

@Brackynews said:

Uhm, top-bottom right-left is how formal Japanese (and other asian languages) is written. Pretty common for ideograms. Yes the irony runs deep. :)

Also the full zoom view of images on GB isn't compressed, but thanks for linking us to your blog anyway, I guess?

I'm aware of Japanese/etc., but this is being translated to English, and METATRON and all the tablets support this.

The full zoom is definitely more compressed compared to the original image I uploaded to my blog.

I realize it doesn't really matter, but I found it interesting.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WalkerD

Why did you feel the need to advertise your blog? There's no way you thought that text was unreadable even in its slightly compressed form.

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By leburgan

I think you may be right. Not that it really matters.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By onan

Guys! Guys! I've got PROOF that we've been learning the English language ALL WRONG. All those years of schooling? LIES. I just came across... THIS!

Is your mind BLOWN yet? Ehh???? We've been writing SIDEWAYS ALL ALONG!
    Is your mind BLOWN yet? Ehh???? We've been writing SIDEWAYS ALL ALONG!
    CharlieCon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CharlieCon

Also, take a look at the various detail-less papers laying around in both Gomez's home village, and the Zu city. In Gomez's village, all of the texts you see are horizontal. In any Zu location, it's vertical. I thought that was a pretty clear indicator.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Harkat

Geez man, you could have at least hidden the security question answer in a spoiler block. Just having "SPOILERS" in the title doesn't cut it, as there are many tiers of spoiler in this game.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Panpipe

Why is everyone being such dicks? Way to make a new poster feel welcome.

Personally I wasn't sure, so I translated it both ways. Once I had solved the security question (with a few hints from the internet) I decided that the sideways version makes more sense. So yeah, I agree with you.

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By flufflogic

Yeah, I think they "zone" it like the world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.