Fez Has a Release Date: April (Friday) 13th

#1 Edited by mracoon (4971 posts) -

After seemingly being in development forever, known racist Phil Fish's platformer finally has a release date: April 13th.  It'll cost 800 MP.

The announcement image from Polytron's website may give you an epileptic fit.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to finally being able to play the game. The concept is cool and the art style looks great so in a few weeks we'll be able to see if it's any good.

Also this the first XBLA release I can think of that is being released on a Friday. I don't whether that's a one off for this game or a change in the usual XBLA release day (Wednesday).
#2 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

About damn time.

#3 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Queue bad luck. Superstition mode engaged!

#4 Posted by IAmNotBatman (642 posts) -

Nice to see a game that's not 1200MSPs.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

besides the art style it really just looks like another indie platformer

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Nice. Hopefully that rumor about SkullGirls coming out next week is true. Could be a great month for downloadables.

#7 Posted by mracoon (4971 posts) -

Turns out The Simpsons Arcade game had a Friday release too. Weird that MS would have different release days for XBLA games.

#8 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

@mracoon said:

Turns out The Simpsons Arcade game had a Friday release too. Weird that MS would have different release days for XBLA games.

Maybe they're just testing the waters. Seeing if arcade games released on Friday sell more on the first day than if they were released on Tuesday.

#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Fucking sweet. Definitely gonna buy this first day.

#10 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Nice. Hopefully that rumor about SkullGirls coming out next week is true. Could be a great month for downloadables.

1. Skullgirls IS coming out next week.

2. Release date for FEZ...AND a killer price point. I'm fucking THERE, man.

#11 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1180 posts) -

Birthday release, I guess it's fate.

Gotta buy it now.

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@jakob187: What makes you be so definite about it? I really hope you are right.

#13 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I hope no Japanese devs play this game, they would probably commit seppuku when they realize none of their games will ever live up to this masterpiece.

#14 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Only 800 MS points? Neat!

#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14077 posts) -

Epilepsy achieved! I'll be waiting expectantly to see what people have to say on the game. Hopefully it's as good as the journalists have said it is.

#16 Posted by Bollard (5530 posts) -

800 points? AT LAST

#17 Posted by alternate (2702 posts) -

So many people want to take Phil Fish down a peg, this game is going to have to be amazing to stop some of them putting the boot in.

#18 Posted by arjybarjy (92 posts) -

@alternate: I think even if this game was infallible someone would say something snarky even if the GDC shenanigans didn't happen. Damn internet.

#19 Posted by xyzygy (9981 posts) -

YES. This game is a must have!

#20 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Awesome to hear. Now I wait and hope for a PC version. This may unlikely happen but c'mon Phil!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.