Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Google goggles (app) for translations

rolanddeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rolanddeschain

I've started adding the text translations to google goggles (app). Is pretty nice to use the continuous mode and see the translations appear in near real-time. I've added the ones from the towns.

Thought maybe someone would find it neat/useful and/or want to contribute with other parts of the game. Anyway let me know if it works for you, for me it seems fine.

PS: For adding entries I think it works best if you use the cropping feature before taking the picture. Even if you select the text area afterwards it still saves and uses the whole picture and that can screw the search.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

Are you saying you can use the Google Goggles app to translate the text in Fez?

rolanddeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By rolanddeschain

Yes it does, I've uploaded most of the translations. It works pretty well, specially in continuous mode. You need to be somewhat close to the screen but beats manual translation. I've done all the texts I've encountered.

I've wanted to see if anyone wanted to try it out.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

That sounds pretty sick. To bad I already beat it.

Ricansoldier23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ricansoldier23

You are the fucking man. I did want to sit there and write out every conversation there was in the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.