It's out!

• 52 results
#1 Posted by Jumbs (244 posts) -

Downloading now! Finally!

#2 Posted by kicker1991 (31 posts) -

hasnt unlocked in the uk yet :(

#3 Posted by Jumbs (244 posts) -

Oh I'm in Australia and it's there... usually we're the same!

#4 Posted by kicker1991 (31 posts) -

for me at least, there is nothing even relating to fez on the market place, it's sad times :(

#5 Posted by Timing (619 posts) -
#6 Posted by kicker1991 (31 posts) -

so, it's showing up on the website now, but it keeps saying that this offer is not available in my regeion, and I still can't find any trace of it the marketplace on my xbox actual either

#7 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

^ Download the trial first from the website, that should be allowed in your region, then unlock the full game from the Xbox.

#8 Posted by IAmNotBatman (628 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach:Yeah, this worked for me.

#9 Posted by kicker1991 (31 posts) -

yup, that's worked for me now, thanks for the help guys!

#10 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -

just bought it, but it didn't show up in new releases by default in the xbox shop. had to sort the page by release date(isn't the point of the new release page to do that for me in the first place?). didn't even know there was such an option, but I really wanted fez.. I consider it as the first puzzle. well done fez, well done.

#11 Posted by IAmNotBatman (628 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach: @kicker1991: Actually, it didn't work haha. When I go to unlock full game it says "You must be connected to Xbox LIVE in order to unlock the full game", oh well at least I wont have to wait to download it again.Will just have to wait until they unlock it on the store...

#12 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Fuck yeah! Downloading commence.

#13 Posted by Eaxis (912 posts) -

I just bought it. Going to play it soon.

#14 Posted by Crash_Happy (663 posts) -

I can't work out if I want this game or not. First time a Quick Look hasn't helped.

#15 Edited by Chaser324 (6411 posts) -

I've spent about an hour with it thus far, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Without spoiling anything, the thing that happens when the world first goes from 2D to 3D was enough to validate the purchase for me.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by MEATBALL (3192 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

I've spent about an hour with it thus far, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Without spoiling anything, the thing that happens when the world first goes from 2D to 3D was enough to validate the purchase for me.

Yup, I almost wish I hadn't known anything about the game going into it. Of course, I probably wouldn't have bought it right away if that were the case. :P

#17 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR THREE YEARS NOW. THANK YOU POLYTRON FOR MAKING MY DREAMS REALITY.

I've played it for 5 minutes, and I haven't actually experienced it, but I love it.

#18 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1683 posts) -
@Crash_Happy said:

I can't work out if I want this game or not. First time a Quick Look hasn't helped.

You and me both. I thought the QL made the game seem kind of boring, but in it's defense, it was the very start of the game, so I dunno. On paper, it seems like a game I should love, but I can't pull the trigger yet to spend the $10 bucks on it.
#19 Posted by efman (208 posts) -

@Crash_Happy @beard_of_zeus: Have either of you you given the demo a try? Maybe that'll convince you to take the plunge?

#20 Posted by Cirdain (3075 posts) -

PC?

#21 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Been playing for a few hours. This game is dope.

#22 Posted by Drakoji (220 posts) -

@beard_of_zeus:

Well, there's no offensive made on your duder, the game is really passive in his challenges.

If you seek thrills it's not the game for you. It's a real pretentious hipster puzzle game.

#23 Posted by Xeirus (1297 posts) -

@Drakoji said:

@beard_of_zeus:

It's a real pretentious hipster puzzle game.

Everything that tries to be different is pretentious it seems.

#24 Posted by EuanDewar (4891 posts) -

Really interested in getting it but no money at the mo. Looks cool as hell.

#25 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

@Xeirus said:

@Drakoji said:

@beard_of_zeus:

lol, no. Ripping off other games and using that "HEY!! REMEMBER OLD GAMES??" pixel art style that nearly every other "indie darling" uses is in no way "trying to be different."

#26 Posted by Drakoji (220 posts) -

Well, when you will see how meta the game is, you can't shake that pretentious feeling...

#27 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

Got the full version queued up already.

#28 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

@Xeirus said:

@Drakoji said:

@beard_of_zeus:

Pretentious is the most over used word on the internet.

#29 Edited by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Been playing this game non-stop since I downloaded it earlier today and I'm enjoying every minute of it... well with the exception of the time it takes to finally figure out what the solution to a puzzle is. But then it suddenly becomes extremely enjoyable again.

#30 Posted by Daveyo520 (6681 posts) -

I know this may be a bad place to ask, since it is bias, but if I had to choose between FEZ and Castlevania SOTN what should I get? I have not played SOTN and probably should. Is FEZ better than the Xbox version of that game? What should I spend my 800 points on?

#31 Posted by Shaneman (78 posts) -
@Daveyo520

I know this may be a bad place to ask, since it is bias, but if I had to choose between FEZ and Castlevania SOTN what should I get? I have not played SOTN and probably should. Is FEZ better than the Xbox version of that game? What should I spend my 800 points on?

Between Fez and SOTN, I'd go SOTN.

Fez is wonderful, but SOTN is a classic.
#32 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

The title of this thread is usually what I say after I de-robe myself.

#33 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1683 posts) -
@efman said:
@Crash_Happy @beard_of_zeus: Have either of you you given the demo a try? Maybe that'll convince you to take the plunge?
Not a terrible idea. No, haven't played the demo. I actually haven't played any demo in forever. The games I know I want to play, I just buy and play, and whenever I'm not sure, usually a Quick Look does a great job of pushing me one way or another. This is the first time in quite a while that that hasn't been the case.

Any idea if the demo is anything other than just the start of the game?
#34 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

@Chaser324: Yes! I really enjoyed that part.

#35 Edited by STUVNING (141 posts) -

Spent most of the day playing, saw the credits but loads of things left to find and see. Amazing game!

#36 Posted by efman (208 posts) -

@beard_of_zeus: Not sure about the content of the demo, but I assume it doesn't go beyond the start of the game since the size of the demo clocks in at the same size as the full game itself. So it seems like one of those "timed demos" where it cuts off after a certain amount of time, in keeping with Mircosoft's policies in regard to demos. About your indifference about the game, I totally hear where you're coming from, I've had that as well. But since you've had an interest in this game before, maybe seeing it in motion and physically being able to play it may win you over because, really, it has a nice look and feel to it that the Quick Lock, from just observation, doesn't convey in my opinion. I had a similar reluctance with Limbo back when it came out, but after giving the demo a go, I caved.

#37 Posted by ahgunsillyo (448 posts) -
@laserbolts

@Xeirus said:

@Drakoji said:

@beard_of_zeus:

I thought "lol" was the most overused word on the Internet.
#38 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

@Xeirus said:

@Drakoji said:

@beard_of_zeus:

That's a very pretentious statement.

#39 Posted by DeF (4857 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

@laserbolts said:

@Xeirus said:

@Drakoji said:

@beard_of_zeus:

That's a very pretentious statement.

I think it's very pretentious to call things out for being pretentious.

(I don't think that made sense but that was kinda the point :P)

I agree, that word gets thrown around waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too often and is rarely appropriate.

What I actually came here to say: I noticed during the QL Jeff was saying stuff like "big (open?) world", "don't know if I should do something here now or need something I get later" and stuff like that.

You know what game that sounds like?

and now look at this screen from Gomez' room!

3D Fez! (Gomez' Room)

.. I think this is very much what the game is going for. I've played a few minutes so far and the intro bit was really cool.

It's highly unlikely I'm the first to notice this, right? (or should I open a brand new "Am I the only one..." thread? :P)

#40 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Should i get this game? Is it straight forward or confusing? May just try the demo..

#41 Posted by C418 (29 posts) -

@Phatmac: It's straight forward if you just want to play it through once. It can get confusing if you want to solve everything.

#42 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

Depends what you want. SOTN is a great piece of gaming history, but FES will probably be the focus of many conversations on many game sites for many months, that's what indie darlings do, warranted or not.

#43 Posted by Daveyo520 (6681 posts) -

@MikkaQ: I want fun lol.

#44 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

@MikkaQ: I want fun lol.

Yeah SOTN, then. It's the most video game-like of the two. And it's immensely fun. It's too bad the price hasn't gone down from 800 points cause I payed that price like over 4 years ago.

#45 Posted by Daveyo520 (6681 posts) -

@MikkaQ: I am glad it has not gone up like Castle Crashers.

#46 Posted by Daveyo520 (6681 posts) -

@Juicebox: Wow.

#47 Posted by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -

It's downloading now. Can't wait for it to finish.

#48 Posted by C418 (29 posts) -

@Juicebox: You are being as ignorant as your misconception of Phil. Essentially you are just as bad.

#49 Edited by DeF (4857 posts) -

@Juicebox said:

[Post deleted]

Are you serious? ...

#50 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Goddamn, this game is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.