Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Official Fez puzzle hint thread!

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#101  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Robo said:

Dudes. I'm about to blow your fucking minds.

This will pretty much negate the platforming side of things, so read at your own discretion.

Press Up, Up, Up, Up, and hold A...

I thought it was a glitch at first, but it's too easy to repeat.

I tried this out thinking what I think it does and nothing happened. Is the timing very precise or something? I'll keep trying for a few minutes I guess.

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By McBradders

Stuck in that damned room where you have to make a Tetris piece out of blocks. It hurts my brain... Help meeeeee!

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Terry_Bogard

@DJJoeJoe said:

@Robo said:

This will pretty much negate the platforming side of things, so read at your own discretion.

I tried this out thinking what I think it does and nothing happened. Is the timing very precise or something? I'll keep trying for a few minutes I guess.

Are you on NG+ yet? It only works in NG+.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Terry_Bogard said:

@DJJoeJoe said:

@Robo said:

Are you on NG+ yet? It only works in NG+.

I haven't figured things out, no I'm not playing the game a second time yet I'm stuck on like 20 things I think right now.

This whole game so far for me is acomplision something then having zero idea what to do next so I ponder around the areas for 30-45mins, taking more time actually traversing and figuring out how to get to places than actual thinking on "puzzles" then reading that the 'solution' is to do something next explicitly shown by the game other than the trigger pulls, like I'm supposed to count the steps the bunnies take and enter that via LT and RT... there's no value in any of this, it's super confusing and above all it just frustrates me enough for me to put the game down everytime cause I don't feel like running around the world only to keep ending up finding a door that I can't get to or one that doesn't open and has no obvious way to open it, or these stone statue things with the floating box in them that seem to mean something but I have no input on solving that other than a BOX in this world means A? or Jump? Which does nothing around them anyways. Like the whole game goes from holding my hand then jumps quickly to HEY BUDDY LOOK UP PANTAGRAMS ON WIKIPEDIA THEN TRY AND FIND A ROOM WITH A FOX AND DOG WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE CAUSE NO AREAS ARE NAMED AND THE INTERNET CAN'T REFER TO ROOMS THAT WAY AT ALL.

Fuuuuuuck. This will be the 4th time I put this game down because it forced me to, I feel like Fez doesn't want me to play it eventhough I love it's style and hints at lore.

At this point I don't even know how to just finish the 'story' or whatever, cause all the things I think I need to do seem to only be achievable by playing the NG+ or by doing a whole bunch of shit that you don't need to in order to just get through it... so what the heck to I do to just finish it? Is there a room I need to get to? I have 6 achievements and 6 hours into the game.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#105  Edited By Mnemoidian
    iglock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By iglock

Could someone give me a hand with the clock and observatory puzzles?

I still need to get the cubes from the green and white clock handles, but I'm hesitant to start fiddling with my Xbox's clock offline as Disasterpeace tweeted that if you collect things while you're offline it won't go towards your completion % (https://twitter.com/#!/Disasterpeace/status/191301703281291264).

Also, I've got the "what is this I don't even" cube/thing from the observatory and I've noted down the tesselating/tetris shapes from each view, I just don't know the order to input them (as button presses I assume).

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By Cincaid

@iglock said:

I still need to get the cubes from the green and white clock handles, but I'm hesitant to start fiddling with my Xbox's clock offline as Disasterpeace tweeted that if you collect things while you're offline it won't go towards your completion % (https://twitter.com/#!/Disasterpeace/status/191301703281291264).

So you're telling me that if I loot a cube or whatever by accident if my console disconnect I'll have to start all over again? I really hope that isn't the case.

iglock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By iglock

@Cincaid:

Not sure. It might only be for one particular secret thing, it might be for everything. Still, best not to risk it until we know for sure I think.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By D43M0N

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE there is literally nothing to do in this room that I can find; no glyphs, no cubes, nothing. Help!

@iglock said:

@Cincaid:

Not sure. It might only be for one particular secret thing, it might be for everything. Still, best not to risk it until we know for sure I think.

I think that's a bit bullshit because I'm playing with my Xbox offline anyway (only one Cat5 port in the room, and fuck paying $100+ for a wireless antenna). That's the kind of bug they would have caught, right?

Although, if the game is refusing to run on older consoles and has been in development 5 years, that's not a great sign.

Finished the riddle room off of the waterfall hub. Also got to the snowy-type room with platforms disappearing to the tune of the music...I love this game. It's got a good level of difficulty of the puzzles so far.

iglock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By iglock

@D43M0N: Could you check your completion percentage? (press start, select leaderboards)

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Mnemoidian

@iglock: it seems like the % is updated to a new sum every time you improve your % while online. So as long as you don't do the clock last, you should be fine.

I'm saying this as someone who was stuck at 196.?% after doing the Clock puzzle fiddling with the time on the xbox, and am now at 206.2% after solving ... another puzzle.
    Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Mnemoidian

@D43M0N: Are you in New Game+?

If you are, you know what to do.

If you aren't, you should probably come back later.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By D43M0N

@Mnemoidian: Nope. Will return later; I should really do some work anyway. I've got about 33 cubes (regular/antis) and have only unlocked, not entered, the other cube doors in the waterfall hub (4, 8, and 16). This game is getting surprisingly lengthy, but mainly because of my OCD of CHECK EVERYTHING

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Mnemoidian

@D43M0N: I hear you, I blasted through the game in a few hours on friday night, got 33+ cubes and decided I was done.

Then I spent all of Saturday S-ranking the game, and now I'm casually thinking (and reading everything the people who have gotten it, deciphering what they are saying) about the last puzzle (that I am aware of) that I haven't done. It's pretty good :)

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By D43M0N

@Mnemoidian: I'm trying to S-Rank The Saboteur at the same time, so it's a nice divide between the two :)

iglock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By iglock

@D43M0N: If you have 33 cubes, you can go through the 32 cube door (beyond the 16 cube door) and start a newgame+. You don't lose your progress in newgame+ and you need to start one if you want to solve everything anyway, might as well do it now.

Also, anyone know any more on that observatory room puzzle?

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By D43M0N

@iglock: getting (NG+ ability spoilers) flight and deal-with-it glasses is super tempting.

monkfishesq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By monkfishesq

What's the solution for the puzzle with the advanced tetris shapes? I am past the point of caring to solve it on my own. I just need this anti cube and 3 from the clock tower for them all.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Robo

@ADAMWD said:

I can't figure out the stone throne room. The code that is on the wall doesn't seem to do anything.

Well, that throne exists in two places at once. One is in the past (the old world with all the dudes wandering around speaking in their language) and the other is the run-down looking one in the present.

There are different codes in each of the rooms. You have to put both codes in in an alternating fashion, starting with the room you're in. So your room's first input, other room's first input, your room's second input, other room's second, your third, other third, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chaser324 said:

@deman8899:

The tuning fork / u-shaped stones can get you an anti-cube. Notice how they vibrate the left and right side of your controller independently, in a set pattern. Input that same pattern with the LB and RB buttons.

Oh christ.
    That's kind of simple, but I would have never figured it out as I don't play with vibration on.
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Hey bros, what do you make of the code here

Right, Up, Left Down, something something?
    Right, Up, Left Down, something something?

If I had to guess it would be right up left down b y x a but that doesn't work, I don't know the alphabet for the last section basically.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Robo
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#123  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@DJJoeJoe:

Pretty sure it's this: right up left down jump lb rb jump

iglock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By iglock

I figured out (I think?) how to get the anti-cube from the observatory:

Input the star constellations from left to right (not sure which side the code starts from so I repeated the whole thing twice) - i.e. RT, A, A, Right, Right, RT, Left, RT (x2)

Now I just have to wait for the clock to give me the final two anti-cubes...

mint1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By mint1e

can someone tell me where the room with the fox and dog is, i understand thats how you figure out the code but i would like to see it myself!

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By DJJoeJoe

No Caption Provided

@Chaser324: Oh good god sir, what have you done!

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Robo

@Mint1e: Go to the light blue warp gate, then head to the crying waterfall, then to the doorway of the hollowed-out tree at the top.

The preview image of the room that comes up (and the image on you map) shows the key and the dog and fox.

Ydross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Ydross

I'm stuck in a room where you have to use bombs on pillars in a mine and there a normal cube at the top. I have no idea how to reach the higher part of the pillars with the bombs. Its in the second part of the room just before the cube. Anyone can help me?

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Robo

I just thought of something while reading the thought process of the guy that solved the security question.

He went through this ridiculously complicated detective work based on the history of religions and the phrase "I am that I am" vs "is what it is" and all but really you didn't have to look much further than the game.

My second half is half of what made it: The game was developed by Polytron...so it'd either be poly or tron.

My first have is what it is: The game is pretty damned meta.

That simpler explanation gives me hope for the monolith. Sure the combined forces of Gamefaqs, Xbox360achievements, NeoGaf, and people chatting on Twitter have yet to figure it out but maybe everyone is over-thinking it.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By gunstar

OK what's the key to figuring out the numbers. I'm in the classroom in the old village, but I can't see any rhyme or reason to the way the 'numbers' are presented

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9a5152a56a
    deactivated-63c9a5152a56a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's an endless room where the room itself spells out a code:

Left. Left turn. Right. Jump. Right turn. Down. Jump. Up.

I have put this in about a billion times and I cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Robo

@gunstar said:

OK what's the key to figuring out the numbers. I'm in the classroom in the old village, but I can't see any rhyme or reason to the way the 'numbers' are presented

Think of the square as a little compass.

North is 1, East is 2, South is 3, West is 4

Any symbol other than those basic ones is actually a combination of two or more symbols.

So if you see a symbol with a straight line from north to south, it's actually adding 1 and 3...that symbol is also 4. A straight line from East to West is 6 because it's 4+2.

A better example, the symbol for 10 includes N, S, E, and W because 1+2+3+4=10

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@gunstar:

Line Pointing Up = 1

Line Pointing Right = 2

Line Pointing Down = 3

Line Pointing Left = 4

If there are multiple lines, you add them together.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By OmegaPirate
    No Caption Provided

Anyone got a clue as to how to get to this room here? (white one on the far right attached to the two single line gold ones) I can't seem to find any way to get to this far end room, there is a fireplace in the 100%'ed one that apparently leads to it but i cannot get it to do anything. Only thing of interest is if i hang off a shelf in there and rotate the game crashes to desktop, haha.

any advice?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@OmegaPirate: Is that the room with the bookshelf you can push open?

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By gunstar

GOD DAMMIT. Don't got into the 32-cube door until you're ready on NG+ or whatever. You CANNOT walk back out and have to watch/do all the end and beginning stuff again. I just wanna ring dat bell :<

EDIT: also is there a certain place to use the blank maps code?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By OmegaPirate

@Chaser324: 0_0 lemme go check and i'll brb

Toastedbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Toastedbunny

I'm stuck, and need some help.

I've got 32 golden and 31 anti-cubes. All maps, all artifacts plus the strange red cube. All remaining doors are halfway blocked by water and the only secret left on the map is on the "tree pyramid", the one with the 64-cube door; which happen to be halfway submerged aswell.

Alittle help would be great.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By OmegaPirate

@Chaser324: Yup that was what i was missing, feel really dumb now!! now to go race back to the clock, i feel the blue hand is about ready to give it's goods!!

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By WMWA
    @OmegaPirate Rotate and push the bookcase, mate. You'll be happy with your result =)
    ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ADAMWD

Can somebody explain the deal with the clock. Does an anticube appear in the level when each hand is at a specific point? The first time I was at that level I got an anticube, but I'm not sure how or for which hand.

monkfishesq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By monkfishesq

You get a cube when a hand reaches the 12 position. The arms move at different speeds:

Red cycles every minute.

Blue cycles hourly.

Green cycles daily (24 hours).

Gray appears to cycle every two days (48 hours).

Unplug your xbox from the internet and then mess with your system clock. It's the easiest way.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#143  Edited By Barrabas

@Toastedbunny: Sounds like you didn't lower the water enough. Go back to that place and lower it more.

Toastedbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Toastedbunny

@Barrabas: What place?

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Robo
    iglock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By iglock

Has anyone managed to decode the tome and skull artifacts yet? Those and the black monolith are now the only things still unsolved in my game (I assume that they're linked).

I have completely translated the tome artifact (though it still makes no sense) and hyperlinked an image below (copy pasting the whole thing took up too much space). I

(Remember "U" represents both "U" and "V") - http://i.imgur.com/P58Mb.png

I though it might have been in a caesar cipher or something, but I've had no luck decoding it. Any ideas?

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#147  Edited By Barrabas

@Toastedbunny: Unfortunently I don't remember exactly where it is, but it's going to be the only room not in the sewer section that lets you lower the water. If the doors are half uncovered instead of fully covered in water you must have been there before.

Toastedbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Toastedbunny

@Barrabas: Thanks alot, man. That solved my problem. :D

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By ADAMWD

@iglock: I don't think anyone has figured out the black monolith yet.

Is there any way to tell which hand you already got a cube from?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Can I get some help with this room that branches off from the crying waterfall area? It has a giant floating purple stone and 8 small cubes with symbols/letters on them. I wrote down all of the letters, but it doesn't look like they can be rearranged into actual words.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.