Patch is live

#1 Edited by san_salvador (147 posts) -

Just a little info: The patch is live - finally.

http://polytroncorporation.com/update-is-live

Some comments on the patch by the users: http://polytroncorporation.com/update-is-live#more-1204

Important info: Clearing the system cache seems to fix a "save game corrupt" issue for the most some.

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5698 posts) -

Seriously!? I bought it day one and haven't even played it. Been waiting for this!

#3 Posted by CaptainLemon (8 posts) -

Patch didn't fix the issue with my game where it crashes after the trapdoor screen.

Fuck.

#4 Posted by san_salvador (147 posts) -

Lol

I downloaded the game, patched it and started a fresh game. It instantly crashed back to the dashboard,

The game is great, but the technical quality is just poor.

#5 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

@CaptainLemon said:

Patch didn't fix the issue with my game where it crashes after the trapdoor screen.

Fuck.

Same here. I can't help but feel that going offline and adjusting the system clock caused my game to break.

#6 Posted by slowpantz (88 posts) -

I was planning to pick this up once the patch landed....but it seems a lot of you are still having issues. Till the next patch!

#7 Posted by san_salvador (147 posts) -

Well, second time the game started just fine and I don't see any trouble right now. But it's a fresh save and did not go very far.

#8 Posted by JeanLuc (3604 posts) -

Oh... I was sort of hoping the patch would add some new crazy puzzle.

#9 Posted by CaptainLemon (8 posts) -

@JeanLuc: The only crazy new puzzle for me is working out the best way to back up my hard drive so I can reformat it to see if that helps

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5337 posts) -

Jesus I was waiting for this because I really want to play this game. Seems from this thread that people are still having issues. Waiting for the next one I guess.

#11 Posted by CaptainLemon (8 posts) -
#12 Posted by EVO (3929 posts) -

I was ready to come in here and say that I didn't know people were having problems with this game, then I remembered it froze on me at the start of NG+, right after I got the glasses. It took me a minute to realise that the game wasn't fucking with me, and it had indeed crashed.

#13 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1066 posts) -

"Worst patch ever!"

Yeah, this sucks mine has been unplayable since 14th of April and patch seems not to help.

#14 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -
#15 Posted by AssInAss (2704 posts) -

Stay away from the patch.

I won't download it, but hope when I play it nothing happens. Quite far into the game.

#16 Edited by pyromagnestir (4333 posts) -

Hmmm... Well since so many people still seem to be having troubles I guess I'll wait for the inevitable Christmas sale or something and get this game then, hopefully it will be all sorted out by then.

#17 Posted by san_salvador (147 posts) -

@MegaMetaTurtle said:

@CaptainLemon

http://polytroncorporation.com/update-is-live

Patch can now also corrupt save files...

Yup. Mines now corrupt :/

Did you clear the cache?

@AssInAss said:

Stay away from the patch.

I won't download it, but hope when I play it nothing happens. Quite far into the game.

Well, you can at least try it - back up your save game. If it does not work, you can re-download the game, then it's unpatched again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.