So whats that bell do?

#1 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

Wondering if anyone figured it out.

#2 Posted by Soniking (58 posts) -

I still don't get it. Damn bell spent a lot of time on that thing.

#3 Posted by Dredlockz (346 posts) -

No clue, I haven't figured out almost any of the secrets.

There's one in the OWL head as well, but I dunno what to do.

#4 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the tree on top of the partially submerged pyramid next to it. As Jeff pointed out in the QL, you hear a chime when you jump into the water behind the tree, but from what I can tell the bell doesn't make the same note.

#5 Posted by Nexnecis (43 posts) -

On the one with the owl, I just did the Achievement movement in front of it and got a negative cube out of it. I don't think I cleared it though because it still shows that blue ? on the map though... so ??? This game is certainly a head scratcher.

#6 Posted by C418 (29 posts) -

Aah, it makes me laugh everytime some idiot writes a negative metacritic review about the game being too easy :).

This is definitely one of the more challenging puzzles, and I encourage you to figure it out on your own. The experience I had when I finally realized what to do was mind blowing.

#7 Posted by GioVANNI (1287 posts) -

@C418 said:

Aah, it makes me laugh everytime some idiot writes a negative metacritic review about the game being too easy :).

This is definitely one of the more challenging puzzles, and I encourage you to figure it out on your own. The experience I had when I finally realized what to do was mind blowing.

OK, so it can be solved without need of some future tool, or something.

#8 Posted by weegieanawrench (1939 posts) -

Kinda big endgame spoilers ahead. Don't clicky unless you're done the game.

The submerged pyramid is where you find the final door to unlock, using all 64 cubes. I only found out by messing with your end game "power" (First Person <--- anyone find a use for it yet?), which broke the water covering the pyramid for a moment revealing the door. So I guess the bell isn't related to it then. Maybe.
#9 Posted by Telephis (4 posts) -

I have about 12 cubes, one of those weird cubes, a couple treasure maps and I am ringing this bell in every combination I can think of, I just want to know if I CAN solve it in my current state, really. Kind of reminds me of Braid, where at first a few times running through the worlds I would say "Oh, I probably need an item from later to do this, it looks impossible" but then realized every puzzle could be solved right away. Is this also true for Fez?

#10 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

I just got the bell. I had the general idea what to do, but in the end it seems like there was a lot of luck (aka 90 minutes of trial and error) in getting the solultion. I wish I fully understood why what I did worked.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14839 posts) -

If you play the notes to California Love on the bell Tupac rises from his grave.

#12 Posted by Daveyo520 (6767 posts) -

@Xeiphyer: Xei, should I break down and buy this?

#13 Posted by august (3846 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:

If you play the notes to California Love on the bell Tupac rises from his grave.

This is clearly bullshit.
 
Tupac's not dead.
#14 Posted by ADAMWD (591 posts) -

The symbols seem to be numbers, and one of the worlds has a school house which features the symbols on the bell. Looking at this image: http://imgur.com/6MZIu

I'd say from left to right those numbers represent 0-3. I'm just not sure what the equals sign and the four square symbol represents. Or the upside down 'U'. Fuck, I don't think I've actually figured anything out.

#15 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

One review mentioned he solved the puzzle right away. Dunno how he did it. But C418 is coming off as weird.

#16 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Yes, it plays into the language in schoolhouse. Timing numbers per side are between 1, 3, 6 and 10. Try and figure it out yourself but if you're real stuck, PM me and I'll help you

#17 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -
@Daveyo520: Its pretty damn cool, and cheap
#18 Posted by marhom (8 posts) -

@weegieanawrench said:

Kinda big endgame spoilers ahead. Don't clicky unless you're done the game.

The submerged pyramid is where you find the final door to unlock, using all 64 cubes. I only found out by messing with your end game "power" (First Person <--- anyone find a use for it yet?), which broke the water covering the pyramid for a moment revealing the door. So I guess the bell isn't related to it then. Maybe.

This is kind of obvious even when playing through the first time if you pay attention to the sound!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.