This game is insane.

#1 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I mean you have to be fucking insane to want to solve these puzzles. COOL COOL it's like code yah yah, I get it, but it's also written in cursive and flipped upside just cause. Cause fuck you that's why. Also this other part of the code is on a wall you can't see on the other side of the map, but they have to be put together to work. Also here's some numbers. Sometimes this one means 3, but not all the time. Sometimes this other symbol is 3. Right now I'm sitting here waiting for a clock to reach 12. Why...................

Don't play this game unless you're insane.

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11800 posts) -
#3 Posted by Murdouken (709 posts) -

@BeachThunder: You think that game is Insane? This game is insane.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11800 posts) -

@Murdouken said:

@BeachThunder: You think that game is Insane? This game is insane.

Don't be silly, that's onesane.

#5 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

Clearly it's the game that breeds insanity, to correct our colleague; Don't play this game if you are prone to mental illnesses and psychological breakdowns.

#6 Posted by Christoffer (1786 posts) -

Don't know about my sanity, but I won't play Fez either way. My life is already a cute indie puzzle platformer, don't need more of that.

#7 Posted by Cheesebob (1235 posts) -

We could transform this into a discussion of "What moments in games have made you realize that this game is insane?" Just a thought.

#8 Posted by ajamafalous (11942 posts) -
@Cheesebob said:

We could transform this into a discussion of "What moments in games have made you realize that this game is insane?" Just a thought.

The part in Saints Row: The Third where the Boss and Pierce sing the entirety of What I Got by Sublime.
#9 Posted by hermes (1400 posts) -

@Cheesebob said:

The ending of Portal 2.

Of course, I won't spoil it, but anyone that finished the game know what I am talking about...

#10 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

This game is Insane!

I didn't even know about this game. Thanks for showing it to me :)

#11 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

This game is insanely twisted shadow planet.

#12 Posted by Rafaelfc (1324 posts) -

no THAT game is waaay more insane!!!

#13 Posted by dopplerganger (80 posts) -

this band is unsane

#14 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

This Ming....is a psycho

#15 Posted by bybeach (4772 posts) -

Thats how I felt about some of the puzzles in Killer 7. I didn't bother w/them, and I probably should have. Just looked up the answers to see the horses race....

#16 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

@Still_I_Cry said:

@BeachThunder said:

This game is Insane!

I didn't even know about this game. Thanks for showing it to me :)

Don't worry about it no one will ever get to play it.

#17 Posted by Rafaelfc (1324 posts) -

I will. I'm a Guillermo del Toro fanboy!

#18 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -

I wouldn't call it insane. it's really really smart. I solved quite a few puzzles and said to myself "damn, this puzzle was so smart!" and then I came to a point where I realised the game wasn't just smart, it's also smarter than me. after I beat fez and started a new game +, the game beat me.

#19 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

The game isn't smarter than you. It's almost like a fucking job. It's just needlessly cryptic. Example: here's a puzzle that's impossible for you to solve atm, but I'm going to shove it in your face every step of the way. I've crashed the game attempting to solve an impossible puzzle more times than thinking "hey that was pretty clever".

#20 Posted by efman (208 posts) -

This insane game asks you to be SANE by piecing everything together.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#22 Posted by deadmoscow (261 posts) -

I'm honestly totally fine with the puzzles being incredibly cryptic - I love the sensation that there is a ton of crazy weird stuff lurking under the surface of the game. It's like the videogame equivalent of Boards of Canada.

#23 Posted by Sgtpierceface (617 posts) -

@deadmoscow said:

I'm honestly totally fine with the puzzles being incredibly cryptic - I love the sensation that there is a ton of crazy weird stuff lurking under the surface of the game. It's like the videogame equivalent of Boards of Canada.

Buh-dum-tish!

#24 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -

Is it possibly insane in the membrane?

#25 Posted by Robo (790 posts) -

@Green_Incarnate: It most likely isn't impossible. What would be the point in that? Difficult != impossible.

Everything doesn't have to be easy. The challenge makes it fun and intriguing. I'm happy to see a game come out with a cryptic challenge like this and shove it in your face, making no effort whatsoever to hold your hand through a solution. You aren't entitled to that. If you find it too tough of a challenge, give up and maybe join the folks brute-forcing through it instead of putting in the intellectual legwork.

Frankly, that's missing the fucking point isn't it? If someone hands you a maze, you don't just draw a goddamned straight line from the start to the finish.

#26 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

Yep, it's bananas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.