Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

What a Shame

Ghost407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ghost407

So I think the most disappointing thing about all the controversy surrounding Fez and Fish, is the fact that all the controversy is detracting from how incredible the game is. This is the type of game that should be pushing the industry and piquing the non gaming public's interest. What do you guys think?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

@Ghost407 said:

So I think the most disappointing thing about all the controversy surrounding Fez and Fish, is the fact that all the controversy is detracting from how incredible the game is. This is the type of game that should be pushing the industry and piquing the non gaming public's interest. What do you guys think?

Negative always outshines the positive unfortunately. Same goes for the new Batman movie. When people talk about the new Batman movie, they will probably talk more about the shooting then the movie itself. That's how things work sadly.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MistaSparkle

I feel the same way. Isn't it possible that people will see the articles and want to know what its about though? Then, that could lead to something, right?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts

I didn't enjoy the game at all and found it to be pretty shit to be honest. I was bored with the whole perspective mechanic after about a hour. The other mechanic introduced in new game plus did nothing for me as well. The load times were horrendous and how does a game like this stutter? Why even have those transitions into the background in the game when it barely works? I could try and find the rest of the anti cubes or whatever they were called but I couldn't be bothered.

Ghost407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghost407

@laserbolts: I don't think a game having technical issues makes it shit. The heart of the game is quite incredible and judgments should be made on the overall. Technical aspects should def be considered but minor flaws don't make the game shit. If you didn't enjoy it, that's different in my opinion.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Klei

I tried Fez on multiple occasions. I like its style, but I never managed to like the game as a whole. The fact that Phil Fish acts like an ass didn't help me liking his game.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jonnyboy

I still thing the perfect artist/art comparison is Axl Rose. Axl Rose is probably the biggest arsehole in the music industry (turning up late/walking off early/jumping into the crowd and punching his fans in the face), but I'll be damned if Appetite isn't an amazing piece of work. Personally I don't care one way or another what Fish has to say about anything, it's the games industry, not a matter of life and death. Fez is just a refreshing piece of work and was a joy to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.