What do Black Holes do in FEZ?

#1 Posted by Bollard (5530 posts) -

So, I just saw black holes for the first time when I re-visited an area. I collected enough cube pieces to make another cube shard, but as the the dude jumped up to celebrate he jumped into a black hole. Now my camera is stuck zoomed in on where he fell, and won't follow the character. Rotating rotates around where I collected the cube bit, dying does nothing to the camera.

Is this what black holes are meant to do or did my game just get fucked?

#2 Posted by SoyBob (161 posts) -

I think that's just your game. Black Holes are just meant to kill you then reset you.

#3 Posted by Bollard (5530 posts) -

@SoyBob said:

I think that's just your game. Black Holes are just meant to kill you then reset you.

Awesome my game just went bonkers.

#4 Posted by SoyBob (161 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@SoyBob said:

I think that's just your game. Black Holes are just meant to kill you then reset you.

Awesome my game just went bonkers.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#5 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Have you tried reloading the game? It autosaves at each area so it should be okay.

#6 Posted by Bollard (5530 posts) -

@SoyBob said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@SoyBob said:

I think that's just your game. Black Holes are just meant to kill you then reset you.

Awesome my game just went bonkers.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

@mscupcakes said:

Have you tried reloading the game? It autosaves at each area so it should be okay.

Yaaa that was the first thing I did, but I was just making sure that wasn't the intended effect of the black holes!

#7 Posted by C418 (29 posts) -

The black holes seem to have a life on their own. You cannot control them, and sometimes they just add to the challenge.

#8 Posted by Swoxx (2999 posts) -

@C418 said:

The black holes seem to have a life on their own. You cannot control them, and sometimes they just add to the challenge.

That's what HE said!

#9 Posted by Bollard (5530 posts) -

@C418 said:

The black holes seem to have a life on their own. You cannot control them, and sometimes they just add to the challenge.

Not sure if real C418 or not :O If you are, your music is fantastic!

Also I hope you don't take offence to me being sceptical, great FEZ review though!

#10 Posted by C418 (29 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: Believe it or not, I'm a video game nerd.

#11 Posted by Brackynews (4082 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: 'Tis! :)

#12 Posted by Qblivion (65 posts) -

So do black holes just show up randomly or are they a clue to something?

#13 Posted by JasonR86 (9696 posts) -

As far as I know they just kill you. They probably relate to the underlying story but I don't know how just yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.