Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 10

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

FIFA 10 is EA Sports' 2009-2010 edition of the successful football game franchise.

Alot of Cheaters in Ultimate Team?

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mnzy

I'm playing Ultimate Team for a while now and I like it alot, it's quite addictive.
    But there have been so many cheaters!
    There even is a message how to spot them on the ticker but it doesn't seem to work that well.

It starts with duplicating players, I got offers for that several times. I guess because of that there are players who horribly suck at the game, yet they have the most amazing squad possible in this mode.
    Messi alone costs 1 million points and you only get about 500 for one match. If you got 11 of those most expensive players, something is wrong.
    And if you really played that much to earn them, you should atleast be able to play a few decent passes.

Then there are the disconnects of course. After years of experience with that, EA still doesn't get it. 
    If I lead 4:0 in the 90th minute and the guy quits I should just win the game ffs! But no, it doesn't register as a win, you have to play it again. Fun when it happens several times in a row.

But my personal "highlight" was two days ago when the other player controlled my team after the match started. He ran straight for an own goal of course.
    Today I met another one, against him my team behave as if I would play with two controllers, so after every pass I couln't move the player because it would be the other ones turn.
    The best thing about it: if you quit those matches, you get punished by getting less points in all your next matches. 

So my question is: have you had the same experience? Or am I imagening things?
    And how is it even possible to have such a variety of cheats on a CONSOLE? Goes over my head, really.

Also, EA fucked up the disconnects in normal ranked matches already, how hard is it to build a rating system for all those bastards out there?
    I mean, I did the XBL complaint thing of course, but I doubt that they take action. And even if so, you'll never know, feels very unsatisfying.

Sorry for the rant, had to get it off my chest. People are assholes.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Binman88

I haven't come across anything like that yet. One thing that bothers me though is that people with teams of a random assortment of good players with less than 50 chemistry sometimes walk all over my 100 chemistry team of good players (team rating of 81 at the mo). I doubt there's cheating going on in my situation, perhaps just a balancing issue on EA's part. Though I can't seem to do anything with a team with no chemistry like some people can.

Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Liono88

Used to play everyday on ps3. Never experienced any player controlling my players but i know it's exist and people abuse it. I stopped playing a month or two after I acquired Rooney and Eto'o  as my forwards, they cause people online to pull out their hair.

supernando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By supernando

I've experianced it a few times. I had some child doing it and was getting my players sent off etc and then asking me if I wanted him to show me how to do it! A friend of mine has had it done to him alot aswell, some people who do it to him intentionally get his team sent off so he has alot players banned for the next game so he has to quit or buy more players!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.