Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 10

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

FIFA 10 is EA Sports' 2009-2010 edition of the successful football game franchise.

How to play Fifa?

Avatar image for frasercunningham
    FraserCunningham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FraserCunningham

I need some help with the game Fifa 10 as I do not understand how to play fully e.g. fluency of tricks and when to use them. If anyone could give me some insight on this it would be appreciated.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By memo

I been playing South Africa World Cup. and what I've noticed is to know from were your player can shoot from and what distances also crossing the ball to one times are hard to time but once they pay off you have a high possibility of scoring.  also when stealing back the back its important to start pushing hard foward and doing through passes.  If you dont time correctly you can an offsides but if you you can be wide open and its between yourself and the goalie.  Also its should come natural on what to do on certain situations.  I tend to set up my formation on a defensice side since i tend yo push hard it can back fire, so its nice to have an extra defender in the back but then again its kinda hard to score with one less attacker but it works for me.

Im no soccer expert but these are the tactics i tend to use they tend to work well.  Hope this helps some way

Avatar image for frasercunningham
    FraserCunningham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FraserCunningham

It's sometimes the controls as there is a lot be explained, I guess i will have to figure out a lot of it for myself.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShockD

With a gamepad.

Voldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Voldy

I play on the PS3 and have done so with the last two or three FIFA games. And here's one thing: I barely use skill moves, if at all. 

I tend to pass it quickly through midfield, using wingers rarely. I'd much rather pass to feet and walk it into the goal. Not unlike Arsenal! 

It's best to just find your own style. You may need to use wingers, or you may need to just play the long ball, everyone is different.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By laticsfan
    @Voldy said:
    " I play on the PS3 and have done so with the last two or three FIFA games. And here's one thing: I barely use skill moves, if at all.    I tend to pass it quickly through midfield, using wingers rarely. I'd much rather pass to feet and walk it into the goal. Not unlike Arsenal!   It's best to just find your own style. You may need to use wingers, or you may need to just play the long ball, everyone is different. "
    This! You shouldn't really be using the skills in an actual match, unless you're absolutely dominating you're opponent and want to show off.
    HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HereAllDay

Few tips :  
    L1 + X pass will make the player pass the ball and run forward, probably creating space so you can set him up. 
    L1 + /\ is a chipped through ball which can be used as a through ball, but chipped! Super helpful! 
    DON'T ALWAYS SPRINT! I know many people that do this but its a lot better if sometimes you're not sprinting on the ball and have more precise control of your player, allows you to alter direction and unleash a short burst of speed to get past your man or draw the foul. 
    Use the X button on defence to auto chase your man, () to call an AI teammate for support and /\ to bring your goalie out to rush the ball if the opposing player is in your penalty box.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By super2j
    @Voldy said:

" I play on the PS3 and have done so with the last two or three FIFA games. And here's one thing: I barely use skill moves, if at all.    I tend to pass it quickly through midfield, using wingers rarely. I'd much rather pass to feet and walk it into the goal. Not unlike Arsenal!   It's best to just find your own style. You may need to use wingers, or you may need to just play the long ball, everyone is different. "

ya, thats exactly what i do, on the same console 

@sharma55:  one time i was playing my cuz(who owns fifa 10) and i forgot which button was sprint and was holding r1....i did much better then i normally do, except for the weird stuff that happened because i was holding r1.  

Granted, I would also like to pick up how to do a few more things. and notice how good the ball acts in fifa 11 or it just me?
    HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HereAllDay
    @super2j said:
    " @Voldy said:

ya, thats exactly what i do, on the same console 

@sharma55:  one time i was playing my cuz(who owns fifa 10) and i forgot which button was sprint and was holding r1....i did much better then i normally do, except for the weird stuff that happened because i was holding r1.   Granted, I would also like to pick up how to do a few more things. and notice how good the ball acts in fifa 11 or it just me? "
    Yeah, ball physics are incredible this year, though it's not about not sprinting it's about when to unleash that sprint, this tactic helps a lot specially in fifa 11 since stamina is a lot more realistic.
    Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Liono88

I love using wing play, especially fifa 11 the players off-ball movement is amazing.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By super2j
    @sharma55:
    overall i like how they changed up the game.  do  u guys use the the dpad's  offensive, defend stuff. has it helped at all? cause i didnt notice anything and used properly, i would imagine it would make a big difference.
    Voldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Voldy

Anyone noticed how much easier it is to score from headers this year as well? In FIFA 10 I was frustrated with the amount of clear cut opportunities that professionals would easily score being blasted out of the stadium, seems they fixed it this year :) Granted, some headers still go wide but thats realism

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By super2j
    @Voldy: YAYA. i noticed.  I actually feel like the changes from 10-11 are a lot better then what 9-10 was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.